2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Said like we've been blessed with savage centre forwards in the premiership.

Lukaku is our top PL goalscorer with 68 over 4 seasons.

Dom isn't as good as Rom but he's 18 shy of reaching that. Which technically is 2 good seasons of 10 goals each.

Cahill and Ferguson only scored 56-58 goals
It's a good point. Big Dunc managed 60 PL goals in two spells (10 seasons in total). He's our second highest pl goalscorer behind Lukaku

Considered a club legend by many. Lukaku seems to just command a healthy respect, but I wouldn't say he was worshipped.

We're dead weird with strikers on Everton internet sites and social media. Lukaku, our best PL era striker (in terms of goals scored) was often derided for laziness and poor ball control.

Yakubu, quite possibly the most natural finisher I've seen in Blue in the PL era, was frequently castigated for being lazy.

Shouldn't be a surprise when Dom, prone to missing a few chances, gets the flak he does.

Said like we've been blessed with savage centre forwards in the premiership.

Lukaku is our top PL goalscorer with 68 over 4 seasons.

Dom isn't as good as Rom but he's 18 shy of reaching that. Which technically is 2 good seasons of 10 goals each.

Cahill and Ferguson only scored 56-58 goals
To be fair I’d take any of those three over DCL. Liked Cahill and Lukaku always gave you hope that he would likely score in a key position. DCL not in form at all and likely needs time out of the starting line up. Not a fan of the not getting service, etc he’s had chances and missed a lot of them this season. Give Beto a run now

Antonio has got more premier league goals than dcl. Says it all.

50 goals in 7 seasons isn't something k boast about tbh
It is if you consider 2 of those seasons he was crocked. And also he plays for a team that normally has a top scorer of 6 goals a season. I'm not sure if thats because he's not good enough, or the team he's playing for is not good enough. Probably a bit of both. Anyway, I like him. But then, I'm easily pleased.

I like Dom, I think he has a great attitude and physical attributes and it’s great he’s staying fit

I think he’s been playing well this season but his finishing has been very poor and I think Beto has earned a run with not just a couple of goals recently but also looking to have improved his all round game a bit too. Beto also makes chances from nothing (sometimes misses them too) which is something Dom doesn’t really

Yet he scored 16 league goals under Carlo, maybe it's just the manager, method, and good tactics.

Or maybe he had 1 purple patch in his entire career

You are taking a 20 game period to judge him when he’s been here 8 years and played over 200 games

Jelevic had a similar patch, Jeffers too, Sandro scored 20 in a season and is worse then niasse .

DCL had a period were things were dropping for him in the 6 yard box and he finished them.

But over the 8 years he’s been here, he has consistently shown his lack of composure in front of goal , and it doesn’t look like it’s ever going to change

You are taking a 20 game period to judge him when he’s been here 8 years and played over 200 games

Jelevic had a similar patch, Jeffers too, Sandro scored 20 in a season and is worse then niasse .

DCL had a period were things were dropping for him in the 6 yard box and he finished them.

But over the 8 years he’s been here, he has consistently shown his lack of composure in front of goal , and it doesn’t look like it’s ever going to change
Scored 64 in 229 appearances which averages out at a goal every 3.5 games.

Which extrapolated across a 38 game season would be 11 goals a season.

His minutes per goal is actually 1 in every 234 minutes which is a goal every 2.6 games.

Good return for a £1.5m player.

He scored 13 league goals the season before the 16 goal season so it's a bit more than a purple patch. I don't doubt 2 years of injuries have probably destroyed his confidence and put all sorts of mental blocks on him and he was never going to be the same player again. I work in Sport Science and I have seen the damage long term injuries can do to people. The club are at fault more than anyone here, whoever thought relying on someone who had missed 2 years to be the main man is an idiot imo and even more so if they thought a yard dog like Beto and an invisible entity like Chermiti were acceptable backup.

Every Monday Sky have a ref and pundits review all the contentious VAR and reffing decisions, but today, nothing. I wonder if they are keeping quiet over DLC's red card ready for when our appeal fails, to dull down the media coverage and corruption.