2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Yet he scored 16 league goals under Carlo, maybe it's just the manager, method, and good tactics.
Dyche tactics is all about getting balls in the box, I don’t think it’s a tactical issue I think it’s personnel.

Most balls in are coming from McNeil, Harrison, Myko or Patterson. When he scored loads under Carlo he had James, Digne, Sigurdsson putting in balls for him. It’s not like Coleman or Doucoure were getting assists in to Dom, it was the players who delivered top class balls in.

Dyche tactics is all about getting balls in the box, I don’t think it’s a tactical issue I think it’s personnel.

Most balls in are coming from McNeil, Harrison, Myko or Patterson. When he scored loads under Carlo he had James, Digne, Sigurdsson putting in balls for him. It’s not like Coleman or Doucoure were getting assists in to Dom, it was the players who delivered top class balls in.
Under Carlo he wasn't running about like a headless chicken, he was confined to the space he could play in (the box) that's all you need to do with him. We also need to have more players in the final 3rd of the pitch when we move forward with the ball. This is bare basic stuff, loads of times we go forward and there is nobody in the box to cross too. For me it very much is tactical.

Can’t believe tactics are being used as an excuse for him. The sitters he’s missed over the last few months aren’t due to tactics.
Dycheball is designed to use a striker as a focal point rather than an actual goalscorer. I'm not saying he doesn't need to be more clinical, I mean when you play the lone role whether you get 1 chance or 10 chances you have to make the keeper work but I don't think the system we play suits him.

Or maybe it was better more creative players around him.
The numbers are not really that different though, have to assess properly at the end of the season but McNeil has already the same league assists as James for example. You can accommodate things like that by getting more people forward though, too many times McNeil/Harrison go forward and there is nobody up with them due to the managers 'safety first' approach, it's why we need an alternative to Doucoure who is actually a proper no10 (that's if we are going to keep up with 4-4-1-1)

Under Carlo he wasn't running about like a headless chicken, he was confined to the space he could play in (the box) that's all you need to do with him. We also need to have more players in the final 3rd of the pitch when we move forward with the ball. This is bare basic stuff, loads of times we go forward and there is nobody in the box to cross too. For me it very much is tactical.
Agree he does seem to wander into the channels too much at the moment