2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

There's contact from Gomes but very soft and arguably not 'clear and obvious'. Not to mention, the ref and linesman are both in good positions from opposite angles to spot anything untoward.
In fairness that just shows how poor the refs are more than anything. If that goal was given against us I’d be livid.

Clear foul from Gomes if we’re being honest, the only way that’s given is if the refs have consistency and say across the board that it’s too soft but they won’t do that because they’re cowards and crap at officiating a game.

In fairness that just shows how poor the refs are more than anything. If that goal was given against us I’d be livid.

Clear foul from Gomes if we’re being honest, the only way that’s given is if the refs have consistency and say across the board that it’s too soft but they won’t do that because they’re cowards and crap at officiating a game.

Yeah, I'm not sure how I'd feel if it went against us tbh, maybe annoyed at the ref but more so at the full back for being so weak.

The reason the decision irked me so much today was that from the start of last season, refs were supposed to be more lenient to allow the game to flow. But that's utterly pointless if they're just going to pull it back for a foul when a goal goes in.

It's also half the foul of the pull on Branthwaite's shirt in the box in the first half, but we can't expect these refs to be consistent like you say.