2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Who knows...thats just what the saudis have been paying for their higher fee players.

Depends what were looking to achieve.

If its just a straight swap with DCL out and a replacement in for £50mil then there will be alot of options. Just look at some of the players who moved last summer.

Also, could sell Beto for what we agreed and that figure rises to £71.5mil for two centre forwards.

The rumour is its a Saudi club who are interested. I mentioned the Saudis pay around £50mil for some of their better players, Neymar went for more but the rest around that fee.
Older codgers Keen can play CF lol

We’ve just spent £26m on a centre forward who was supposed to replace him.

£21.5mil rising to £25mil.

Correct me if I'm wrong but we've already bought his replacement.

Weve bought 2 forwards in Beto and Chermiti.

We need Chermiti to develop rapidly this season and show he's good enough to be a decent rotation option.

Beto looks good in a counter attacking system but needs to improve his efficiency in front of goal.

The issue we have is that our squad is weak and will be light on players the next two seasons so we may need to offload certain players to rebuild.

Absolutely nobody is paying £50m for him, even a Saudi club

They paid around that for Ruben Neves and others like Mitrovic, Malcom and Otavio.

DCL is the bigger name and would be a coup for them.

A fit DCL is only matched by Watkins as the best English no 9 ( excluding Kane). He's a £50m CF without a doubt - especially if the stupid saudi's are bidding.
We must not sell him - as said - we will not replace him and it could be the final relegation nail in our coffin.
You'd have to include Toney in the same bracket , just below Kane

A fit DCL is only matched by Watkins as the best English no 9 ( excluding Kane). He's a £50m CF without a doubt - especially if the stupid saudi's are bidding.
We must not sell him - as said - we will not replace him and it could be the final relegation nail in our coffin.
The stupid Saudi's ?? I think that comment maybe regretted in years to come. They are many things... Stupid no.

Errm, that only validates my point about a replacement. It's only early on, however currently it's fair to say that Dom > Beto.

We spent 40 million on forwards, we aren't going to get another one in even if we sold Dom. Neither should we either, else that money we spent is going down the tube, can't improve or inflate their worth if they only get 10 mins here or there.

If DCL didn't recover this season or if he breaks down again then Beto has to learn to lead the line, point taken he isn't as good as Dom but we aren't shopping in that market anyhow.

You'd have to include Toney in the same bracket , just below Kane
I do like Toney - but his style - albeit effective - only suits certain teams - whereas DCL and Watkins can play for anyone. Chelsea will bid £50m for Toney - and maybe Man U - not many others in top 8.

DCL is the best we've got but I would still swop him for either Wadkins or Toney in a heart beat.

The later 2 being far more complete centre forwards with more facets to their games than DCL will ever have unfortunately.

Hope he stays though cos we have no chance of getting either of the other 2