2021/22 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not denying that mate, because it happens all to often. Quads and hamstring injuries are the biggest killers for footballers, i'm more than aware.

I replied to this thread to say basically 2 things; 1, he's not injury prone as some were making out. With the exception of last year, he's averaged 35 games a season; 2, I'm just waiting to see comes out of the club with regards to how it was sustained and how he progresses over the coming weeks.

None of this deters from the fact the club as brought this on themselves by going into a season with 1.5 (coz big Sal is half player) strikers; which in my opinion is the biggest concern

Thing is mate nobody is injury prone until they are, and right now I think he has become that

Someone made the point that bulking up doesn't seem to have helped him he has had a series of injuries for the two and a half seasons

Think it's looking horribly more like Gbanim mate given they both had the sane injury.

I'm normally an optimist, and this injury feels a lot better than some suggesting (seen Lampard say it's like 4 weeks) but honestly I dont think he will ever be the same player again. He may be decent but wont be the same IMO.

When athletes do a major injury, they tend to over compensate. That puts strain on other areas and leads to other injuries.

Long term, huge concern. Short term, big concern too, as frankly a DCL at his best keeps us up comfortably. Without that, theres a big question about goals, and a number of players have to deliver.

1. You dont agree that the club gets an unusual amount of injuries ?

2. You dont agree that Kenwright operates a jobs for the lads policy throughout the club over his tenure as chairman / owner ?

We've had horrendous injuries for many years now man.

Bolasie - allowed to run off knee ligament damage

Iwobi - allowed to keep playing 5-10 minutes after pulling his hammie

Barkley / Baines / DCL all lay offs prior to the opening week of the season

Godfrey, VDB getting muscle injuries in pre match warm ups.

Worst injury record in the PL last season

You can go on and on - don't be an ostrich burying your heed in the sand talking about hard lines and bad luck.
And there you go again mate, using any excuse to trot out your agenda. The post I responded to (yours) said:
"Im pretty certain one of the main fitness/conditioning blokes at the club is related to a former player of ours or something like that."
Really?! Some completely random claim that anyone could make up, no source, no validation. That's what I was commenting on - your propensity to create a false story to attack people at the club, as if it were a fact.

Many top clubs in the PL have 'old boys' on their staff - it's not just an Everton thing. I think your litany of injury claims is also spurious, and I doubt it compares unfavourably to most other PL teams, although I'll admit I haven't done the research (and neither have you). By what measure do you claim that Everton has the worst injury record in the PL? You've just made that up too haven't you, to support your agenda.

Things ain't great. There's a lot wrong with this club. Fwiw, I think that the club has been mismanaged for many years. I think that Moshiri had/has good intentions for the club to be successful, but is naive, inexperienced and simply hasn't a clue how to run a club successfully, and so has failed, almost catastrophically. I scratch my head every day that I read about our losses over the last 4 years to understand how on earth we have got into this perilous S&P position, and that we are the only club in the PL running such levels of losses. My background is in corporate finance and balance sheet analysis, and I still can't fathom how we have managed to rack up such losses. I'd like to think that the owners are now planning to fix that, but there is no magic wand. Be careful what you wish for...

So my head is not in the sand - but I choose to look at the reality. Just continually making stuff up to take cheap shots at the club's management, presumably to keep your fellow bedwetters happy in their misery on a club forum, really doesn't help things at all does it mate?

And there you go again mate, using any excuse to trot out your agenda. The post I responded to (yours) said:
"Im pretty certain one of the main fitness/conditioning blokes at the club is related to a former player of ours or something like that."
Really?! Some completely random claim that anyone could make up, no source, no validation. That's what I was commenting on - your propensity to create a false story to attack people at the club, as if it were a fact.

Many top clubs in the PL have 'old boys' on their staff - it's not just an Everton thing. I think your litany of injury claims is also spurious, and I doubt it compares unfavourably to most other PL teams, although I'll admit I haven't done the research (and neither have you). By what measure do you claim that Everton has the worst injury record in the PL? You've just made that up too haven't you, to support your agenda.

Things ain't great. There's a lot wrong with this club. Fwiw, I think that the club has been mismanaged for many years. I think that Moshiri had/has good intentions for the club to be successful, but is naive, inexperienced and simply hasn't a clue how to run a club successfully, and so has failed, almost catastrophically. I scratch my head every day that I read about our losses over the last 4 years to understand how on earth we have got into this perilous S&P position, and that we are the only club in the PL running such levels of losses. My background is in corporate finance and balance sheet analysis, and I still can't fathom how we have managed to rack up such losses. I'd like to think that the owners are now planning to fix that, but there is no magic wand. Be careful what you wish for...

So my head is not in the sand - but I choose to look at the reality. Just continually making stuff up to take cheap shots at the club's management, presumably to keep your fellow bedwetters happy in their misery on a club forum, really doesn't help things at all does it mate?

Please don't associate me with that lot mate.

I'm one of only a few at present who isn't blinded by anger and misery.

I call for peace and to get behind the team... however it must be said the medical / fitness department are clearly not upto scratch and haven't been for a while (imo).

Please don't associate me with that lot mate.

I'm one of only a few at present who isn't blinded by anger and misery.

I call for peace and to get behind the team... however it must be said the medical / fitness department are clearly not upto scratch and hasn't been for a while (imo).
Fair enough mate. There's a lot of frustration for us all right now. Re the injuries, as I said I've not done the analysis and you could be right, but it could be down to so many things (yes, including bad luck). We appear now to have a first class manager and a first class team around him. I suggest we give them a fair chance to do their thing and solve the problems their way.

Looks like we are going to have to play with a false #9…hold on…we’ve been playing without a striker since Lukaku
left.
So …situation normal.
Carry on.

Status
Not open for further replies.