2021/22 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
What people don't realise about footballers is that they don't have the same childhood as other kids. They sacrifice a lot for football and most of them don't make the grade. Players that do make it can go on and become very well off. If, like DCL they get a serious injury I'm sure it's going to affect them mentally after devoting their whole life to the game. Whatever happens with Dominic I wish him nothing but a good life be that at Everton or anywhere else. He doesn't owe anyone anything for getting to where he is through sheer hard work and talent.

Probably applies to many professional sports people when injured.
And retirement is a big issue.
Stepped away from this thread was obvious he was physically struggling, take away some ones divining attribute, can with a degree of certainty guarantee depression won't be far away.
Still he owes me another season here for sticking by him when I did pop into thread.

When he went off early a couple of weeks ago I posted that I feared for his career if it was the same injury , after all that time off and he still wasn’t right .
l was worrying ! God knows what he was going through , never really thought about him I just wanted him back at his best , feel guilty now .
All the best Dom and don’t move .

Mental health is no joke, so many people suffer with it in our day and age.

What helped me was meditating, journaling, reading and writing 3 things I am grateful for every day. Exercising helps a lot too with mental health. Oh and staying off social media, it’s terrible for your mental health! Journaling really helps because I don’t really open up to anyone so writing daily in my journal allows me to let my thoughts out.

It’s good that DCL has hopefully got over his mental health problems, and glad he has spoken to someone.

Status
Not open for further replies.