2020/21 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
If DCL is limited every striker not called Messi or Mbappe is limited
Then we pretty much disagree. He is a target man who mostly scores his goals within 5 meters. He can not dribble, or finish outside the 16-meter, and he has no special creative qualities. He is extremely skilled at holding the ball, and jumping high. But if you are extremely good at this, you will quickly become a valuable player.

We could have prime Henry up front for us and we'd complain he wasn't scoring enough with his head.

20 goals this season, with a few games still to play. The problem with this team is not the striker capable of netting 20 goals, not that it should need saying.

He will improve and he does have weaknesses but probably the least of our worries. My feeling is his missed chances wouldn’t get half as much notice if anyone else bothered to score (James apart). Was same last season when felt like if him or richarlison didn’t score no one did and one of our big problems that no one else gets in positions to score

He used to runaround full pelt for 90 minutes putting himself about but his goal return suffered as a consequence. He's been instructed to stay in the box by Ancelotti.gets himself 20 goals and now gets flak off some of our fans for not scoring 20 yarders.
Probably the same people who accused lukaku of being a flat track bully whilst he was getting 25 goals a season

He just looks knackered to me. He gives everything he got every game, but we need a good alternative to give him rest next season. He has to improve in aspects, especially making his own chances and goals. But I feel he will because he has improved from the player he was last year and the year before. If continues to improve year on year then he will be top player. I feel going to his first senior international tournament will do him good. Get 4-6 weeks in England camp with the likes of Kane can only be beneficial.

Hes not playing at his best right now but he would be helped a lot if other members of the squad would start offering goals. Our midfield does not score goals...

Allan 0
Davies 0
Gomes 0
Iwobi 1
Bernard 1
Delph 0

We basically have 4 players in the squad who can score. It's not good enough.

Meh. It's the same thing all the time.

Yakubu was lazy and didn't contribute....

Lukaku was lazy and didn't contribute....

Marcus Bent worked hard but didn't score enough....

Andy Johnson worked hard, but was a headless chicken and didn't score enough....

Must be horrible being an Everton striker. You're never good enough no matter what you do.
Mate I guarantee you none them have a with Andy Johnson on that list.

Eton Dom has been my MotM for the last 3 seasons. Limited? yes, but certainly good enough for Everton. Sadly, most of the players around him (except the opposition ones) are a bit useless. Yes,, yes, I know... that makes them good enough for Everton as well...but it doesn’t make for a great watch...or a rewarding experience for a supporter

I always thought Beattie was a good player but he was the exact opposite of what we needed to play in that role at the time. You can't go from a Marcus Bent who will work all day for you to Beattie who does nothing and then belt in a screamer every blue moon and expect similar results.

he was signed for £6m in January which was quite a bit back then (ignoring United and Arsenal Leeds) to help us push for 4th

Terrible signing but we still did it. Also his sending off against Chelsea for running behind and head butting Gallas was ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.