2020/21 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only our fans can argue about selling one of our best players

Top work.
I think people were just suggesting if the offer WAS actually real it would have to be considered, bought for £1.5m possible sale of £80m. I don't think anyone probably wants to sell him, but if he wants to be considered one of our 'best players' then he needs to up his game majorly and he needs to start by understanding that you need to score goals throughout the whole season not just in patches, two purple patches and there is folk on here acting like he is bloody Alan Shearer/Robert Lewandowski level.

I think he will come good eventually but it's a combination of him adapting his game to be a more rounded player ie taking balls over the top, one on ones etc, etc, being in better positions and us making better chances.

I think people were just suggesting if the offer WAS actually real it would have to be considered, bought for £1.5m possible sale of £80m. I don't think anyone probably wants to sell him, but if he wants to be considered one of our 'best players' then he needs to up his game majorly and he needs to start by understanding that you need to score goals throughout the whole season not just in patches, two purple patches and there is folk on here acting like he is bloody Alan Shearer/Robert Lewandowski level.

I think he will come good eventually but it's a combination of him adapting his game to be a more rounded player ie taking balls over the top, one on ones etc, etc, being in better positions and us making better chances.
Yeah, its so all or nothing with him the debate at times. He's either crap and not going to improve at all or Van Nistelrooy incarnate.

Whereas the reality is he's still a developing and extremely exciting prospect. He's far surpassed the expectations of many on here already and caused a few 360s. Or maybe 180s. But anyway, the scope is there for him to go up a level.

But he may well not do so. But that's fine, he's still a good player and, I believe, an asset to the squad. No guarantees, it only takes a bad / persistent injury or off field problems (not just naughty stuff, Lingard was dealing with family issues for a while to give an example - good to see him back) to derail a career.

Patience isn't really a football thing is it? Lol

I think we'd be mad to sell, although for £80m you have to consider it. we should be adding players to complement Dom and share the burden not selling our best young players at the first sign of Utd flashing their knickers again, this is NOT Fergies Utd.

Get that entirely.

I just think that we've whinged about needing a striker since Rom left. Now we got one, we want to sell and start it all over again because our £1mill striker, 5th top scorer in the league, top 5 best in Europe under 25, is not the finished article at 24.

Status
Not open for further replies.