2020/21 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was a point where Pickford launched up a free kick to the right wing. The ball travelled most of the length of the pitch. Whilst being challenged, whilst sprinting, DCL just immaculately chests it down into stride, keeps running, and shrugs off the challenge. Beautiful stuff.

If anyone feels like putting that clip up on here to share, I think it deserves more credit.

Hahaha. There's something not right with them. Mane has looked like shaun Wright Phillips recently. Not gonna complain though because hopefully that win is one of many against them incoming

Cycling out.

Its also why they have so many injuries as well. Which they moan about constantly despite barely having any as they used about 20 players in about 170 games across the 3 previous years, which also included a summer World Cup in 2018 and a summer AFCON and Copa America in 2019. But they still magically out ran, out pressed and out recovered every other the team in the League and Europe.

With 20 players and no injuries.

Bloody Covid blood tests.

The way he brought the ball down with his chest from Pickford kick with that wind wow. Unlucky not to score good save from the keeper. In my 11 seasons as season ticket holder I haven’t seen anyone improve as a player as much as him. May be wrong if anyone can share any other players. I’m glad he proved me wrong because he wears the royal blue and that’s the main thing.

Hahaha. There's something not right with them. Mane has looked like shaun Wright Phillips recently. Not gonna complain though because hopefully that win is one of many against them incoming
I keep pinching myself when I quote that about TAA. It was mentioned by that well known Kopite Bascombe.
I'm rather hoping now, that the curse has been lifted now with regards that lot and our players like the feeling it brings.

Feels good to have a player who can bully them at long last and doesn't fear them. Bodes well for us in derbies going forward. Neither him or Richarlison have one ounce of undue respect for them.

Great performance that would have been perfect if he'd buried the one-on-one first time. The pace to get there and in the right spot was Lukaku-esque, just lacking the finish. Hopefully that's his hamstring problems behind him now and he can go back to being ever-present.

The idea that that wasn't a penalty is the most ridiculous shout I've ever heard, even from them.

It's a red card, never mind a penalty. But nonetheless, so much time for Kavanagh for having the bottle to do what other refs before him couldn't and stand by his original correct decision under immense pressure to hide behind the VAR. It's top drawer refereeing.

Last edited:
The way he brought the ball down with his chest from Pickford kick with that wind wow. Unlucky not to score good save from the keeper. In my 11 seasons as season ticket holder I haven’t seen anyone improve as a player as much as him. May be wrong if anyone can share any other players. I’m glad he proved me wrong because he wears the royal blue and that’s the main thing.

I agree, he has improved leaps and bounds since Carlo arrived. I always wondered why he was starting games when we had Silva & Koeman. I guess persistence pays off and he has made me eat my words. Absolute star.

Looked head and shoulders above anyone on the pitch when he came on ! Showed belief pace ability strength arrogance ! If it was a Ronaldo, zlatan etc they’d all be creaming their pants about him ! Looked like a world class striker !

We need to find a way to get him and Richalrison upfront together. We have two of the best forwards in the league. We can’t waste Richalrison on the flank anymore.

Worried when he didn’t start but would he score if in the same position as Richarlison? Not sure. However would he score if in the same position as Coleman was for the header. 100% yes he would have buried it.

I keep pinching myself when I quote that about TAA. It was mentioned by that well known Kopite Bascombe.
I'm rather hoping now, that the curse has been lifted now with regards that lot and our players like the feeling it brings.
Yeah definitely. Their fans think the way we celebrated yesterday was over the top that shows the efforts our boys went for that game. Carlo knows how to beat them he has proven it time and time again. An as we give him the players he wants each year we will get better and better

There was a point where Pickford launched up a free kick to the right wing. The ball travelled most of the length of the pitch. Whilst being challenged, whilst sprinting, DCL just immaculately chests it down into stride, keeps running, and shrugs off the challenge. Beautiful stuff.

If anyone feels like putting that clip up on here to share, I think it deserves more credit.
Yep that was a standout piece of quality, he’s using his athleticism and strength more and more, we have an outstanding player on our hands

Status
Not open for further replies.