2020/21 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.

He has, but I dont see people going on about either being world class this season like they are Kane, who has been demonstrably less impressive than Calvert Lewin. Kane is very good too, but Calvert Lewin is better. So is Lukaku as it happens.
I don't see that mate. There's more to a striker than scoring goals. I've never been a massive fan of Kanes but he has come on leaps and bounds as an overall team player under Mourinho. The work he does to drag defenders out of position so that other players can exploit the space is outstanding at the moment and 2nd to none and he scores goals and defends and holds the play up better than anyone.

Not for me mate. You judge a number 9 by goals scored in open play. DCL is levels above Kane now. Kane is still very good .
He's started the season in better goal scoring form than Kane. That doesn't make him better.

He may turn out to be a better player. At this moment in time, however, we can only talk about better form.

Good for him. I judge strikers by goals. As I've said, he could be a world class number 10.

Just think you are getting a little bit ahead of yourself, after 9 games.

Dom is terrific, he has scored more than Kane, well anyone, so far this season, and might reach the heights that Kane has already done.

I am happy with that.

Yes. As I've said, previous seasons Kane is better than this seasons DCL. This season I dont see that occurring. I'm not sure it's that controversial.

DCL is world class for me.

He really isnt mate. He is improving, really well, but he isnt Englands 1st pick, let alone a proper top class international side.

I think DCL and Kane could play together very effectively for England (not that Southgate will ever try it). Kane would play off him as more of a 10.

But its a bit daft to say Dom is a better player than Kane. He's clearly not, but the fact this is even being suggested shows just how much he has improved under Ancelotti.

Status
Not open for further replies.