2020/21 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yer I know what you mean, but youd still expect him to he in the game more than this, he's had about a dozen touches all game I reckon, poor that

Got to pass/cross to him for him to touch it. We just left him to chase shadows much like we did last season with no service.

Not saying he played great or anything but don't see what else he could have got done.

The service was about as abysmal as it can get and we went down to ten men at 73 minutes when we were finally starting to find a foot in the damned game. As far away from Dom’s fault as can be.

Having said that, we need another option for these games where we suck rear end

Made plenty including me eats their words this season, but today shows he still has plenty to improve on.

Zero service to be fair but needs to step up in these situations and make something happen

If we ask him to play the width of the 6 yard box, we can't expect him to bail us out on days like today when everything else goes wrong. He's very much a lone striker when Richardson doesn't play.

What a loss Richarlison's red is going to be.

Unless the ball is put on a plate for him 5 yards out he offers nothing all match. Great start to the season but this was more like the DCL we are used to. Too easy to play against, he is only a threat from crosses or set plays.

Unless the ball is put on a plate for him 5 yards out he offers nothing all match. Great start to the season but this was more like the DCL we are used to. Too easy to play against, he is only a threat from crosses or set plays.

But he's the PL's top scorer so clearly that threat is very much something we should exploit.

More like the DCL of old there today. They can't all be tap ins - sometimes he needs to offer more to the team.
He’s a player who needs service, doesn’t create nothing himself.
Not getting carried away into slating the team or manager though, look where we are ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.