2020/21 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would take a different view in that Dunc saw the player in DCL and in his first game in charge put a player alongside him.

Carlo has taken everything to a different level but note of course the praise both he and DCL have given to Dunc.

A reasonable man could conclude Dave that the Galoot is fulfilling an important role.
Here's my take on that: Ancelotti was coming in and wanted to see what his favoured formation looked like.

It's too big a coincidence. No way the galoot takes that decision IMO.

This simply isn't true.

I was never his biggest fan, used to get annoyed with his stupid sending offs but he was far from limited.
I credited him with timing of his headers and holding the ball up and laying off. But it's ridiculous to suggest this feller was a player who worked the opposition defence and got in behind them.

Here's my take on that: Ancelotti was coming in and wanted to see what his favoured formation looked like.

It's too big a coincidence. No way the galoot takes that decision IMO.
Nah, Dunc knew as a lighthouse forward what it was like to be the outlet ball. He also knows how DCL can win a header and if you vault me even I was calling for a man off him.

Dunc saw him 5 days a week and knows what his strengths were then and what potential he has to be a focal point as a 9.

Nah, Dunc knew as a lighthouse forward what it was like to be the outlet ball. He also knows how DCL can win a header and if you vault me even I was calling for a man off him.

Dunc saw him 5 days a week and knows what his strengths were then and what potential he has to be a focal point as a 9.

We didn't see any movement like this from him until hiring Ancelotti. He'd had 3 years working with Ferguson before then.

Carlo told him to get into the box more and to sharpen up on getting a shot off without letting the GK set themselves - first touch finishing. You could see what he was doing before Carlo (loads of work in the final third and putting defenders under), that would have been right out of the Ferguson playbook.

Unlike you and others, I'm not of the era where I fainted and swooned at Ferguson - I held my Everton forwards to earlier, higher standards.
Sharpy got off to a slow start.......if DCL is half as good as him thats good enough......
Our 2nd honest scorer next to Dixie Dean .....Sharpy....

Unlike you and others, I'm not of the era where I fainted and swooned at Ferguson - I held my Everton forwards to earlier, higher standards.
I knew his limitations, and the size of his heart. He lifted us when we were really down.

Also, that galoot won a trophy with us.

Oh, and Carlo likes him.

I would take a different view in that Dunc saw the player in DCL and in his first game in charge put a player alongside him.

Carlo has taken everything to a different level but note of course the praise both he and DCL have given to Dunc.

A reasonable man could conclude Dave that the Galoot is fulfilling an important role.

Exactly... who was the first manager to recognise what DF could do for a young striker and give him free reign to work with him?

Status
Not open for further replies.