2020/21 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree with us over DCL.

REPENT REPENT!!!

There are some posts that you just can't help 'liking' whether you agree with them or not. Genius!

Even if the naysayers are right and he’s just a poacher... how long has it been since Everton had someone who could do that? Be on hand and dependably knock loose balls and rebounds into the goal? That’s still very useful.
I agree with this, even though I'm a bit of a Naysayer.

Even if the naysayers are right and he’s just a poacher... how long has it been since Everton had someone who could do that? Be on hand and dependably knock loose balls and rebounds into the goal? That’s still very useful.

We've needed a poached for AGES. I happen to think DCL offers more than that, especially with his work rate. Tidy player. Would be unbelievable with a clinical shot on him, but gives much more than enough to improve on the job.

Wrong. The past is a guode and the present is ephemeral.

He needs to continually impress. That's what a professional does: in football he puts it in - and to a to a high quality - EVERY game.

No its not wrong at all. Especially when age comes into it as well.

He IS impressing. He is getting better every season which a player of his age is supposed to do. If he starts going crap now then there are no excuses but his struggles in the past are obviously there for a reason as he was making his way in the premier league.

He's not going to score pretty goals. Don't really need him to score pretty goals as we have (*swoons*) James Rodriguez for them.

I've always said he was good to great at everything except scoring which is kind of a big deal for a striker. If he gets us 60 goals this season I'll be happy with the ugly goal from him.

Just see he is now 7-1 to be league top scorer. I did look at the market before a ball was kicked. To say i had to scroll and scroll is an understatement. Richarlison was 80-1. Calvert lewin was 100-1.

Status
Not open for further replies.