2019/20 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you take away the 10 in 10 stretch from this season he’s scored 15 goals in 103 appearances. I think it’s perfectly fair to wonder if it was a purple patch until he starts doing it more consistently.

The arguments of the Dom fan club are interesting these days.

1. He’s scored 13 league goals this year. He’s prolific and improving. Just look at the goals.
2. After going 9 straight without scoring...it’s not about the goals. Don’t look at them.

He’s clearly improving but is he good enough for a side trying to break into the top 6? Not sure. He’s been bang average since the restart. Got a lot to prove next season.

The "Dom fan club" see a player who is improving every year.

Nobody is calling him a proven world-class Striker.

There is a hope that with more creativity in the side he could hit some good digits next year, there's always a very real possibility that he will stink the gaff out next season.

If you don't roll the dice, you never win.

We have to go out in January and break the bank for Callum Wilson.

£60 million on the table no messing. Proven Prem goalscorer, in his prime and suits how we play.

Bernard Wilson Richarlison

Would be some great counter play with hopefully Iwobi in behind.

Funny how West Ham play Haller whilst we continue with DCL

:hayee:

Im excited to see how he builds upon this big breakthrough season after a good break, a good pre season and hopefully with a few new players around him

Richarlison was brought in to be a starter on day 1. Holgate received an awful lot of hate mail until recently frandel.
What’s your point on Richy? Same age and if anything he’d be held to a higher standard due to his price tag and expectation then.

Not sure about the hate on Holgate. Seems to have been praised all season because he played consistently well.

What’s your point on Richy? Same age and if anything he’d be held to a higher standard due to his price tag and expectation then.

Not sure about the hate on Holgate. Seems to have been praised all season because he played consistently well.
Dom came into the team rawer than a romantic comedy written by Bangbros. He has improved tenfold and probably will keep improving as time goes on. Richy was a starter for Watford and already had shown he was capable of holding down a spot in the league. I’d wager that both keep improving once we get a better squad.

He's certainly not been in great form since the restart, but neither has the entire midfield behind him. 15 goals this season in all comps. Got to keep him and hope that the improves more. 15 goal strikers cost a flipping fortune these days.

Newcastle spent £40m on Joelinton this season who got 4 goals in 39.

I'd much rather keep investing in Dom and use them money to improve the clearly gaping holes in our midfield than spend over the odds on someone who may or may not be better.

DCL, Richie and Keane get the start of the season if they're not firing then get some experience in January.

I'd rather see the available money spent on a better midfield and keeper

Oh, OK.

Here's a prediction:

Despite tearing his hamstring and being out until March, Kane will still end the season with more goals than Calvert-Lewin. In fact, Calvert-Lewin will never score 15 or more Premier League goals in his entire career.
Well, Dominic, in the immortal words of Chris Benoit: prove me wrong.

Lloyd Kelly, who he'll be up against tomorrow, is the absolute pits, so he could at least get me on the second part.

yep shocking truth is the majorly of fans were wanting to get rid of Holgate before the season started... a few of us couldn’t understand it. He had some brilliant performances before going on loan and didn’t know where this idea came from that he was useless... whereas before this season I couldn’t think of one game DCL showcased any real talent to look forward too.

I was not a believer in him, but because he has improved so much this season, I have a lot of faith that we have other areas to address.
His shot needs to improve and I have already seen his hold-up play improve, he just needs that other step. I think he can do it as far as I have seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.