2019/20 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m talking about outside the box. You can’t always rely on service. He’s touched the ball a lot of times tonight and it was his decision, every time he touched it, to just either lay it off or give it away. Wouldn’t you think at some point, a goal down, in a dire game, you’d think, I’m gonna get this turn and make something happen? All the best players do it. And we think they need service to do that? Rico does it, hence the load of fouls he gets and chances he creates for himself. DCLs effort was a loose leg from a free kick
Is that why you slate our leading goalscorer?

I think that people are expecting too much of him.

He's not a particularly talented footballer, and it isn't realistic to believe that he's going to be at it every single time.

Don't see how he can't be the subject of critic tonight. Was given zero service. Literally nothing for him to run on to or to attack. The way we set up nullified DCL, not spurs or a lack of ability on his behalf.

Don't see how he can't be the subject of critic tonight. Was given zero service. Literally nothing for him to run on to or to attack. The way we set up nullified DCL, not spurs or a lack of ability on his behalf.
442 relies on the strikers to have abit of creativity between them. His job is made alot easier in this formation with a strike partner to play off, they should be making chances between each other which is why we have one less body in midfield to accommodate this.

The truth is, he isn't good enough to sacrifice a body in MF for, but we have absolute alehouse MF players at the club so needs must right now.

442 relies on the strikers to have abit of creativity between them. His job is made alot easier in this formation with a strike partner to play off, they should be making chances between each other which is why we have one less body in midfield to accommodate this.

The truth is, he isn't good enough to sacrifice a body in MF for, but we have absolute alehouse MF players at the club so needs must right now.
Correct. DCL's performance yesterday was not very good, but it is also mitigating that our midfield yesterday did not hit a vertical pass.

I think that the recent criticism of him is grossly unfair.

He works very hard for the team and Carlo has acknowledged that he has never had a striker like him for workrate and defending from the front. Add in the fact that the midfield is totally cack and has zero cretivity and you can appreciate why he isn't scoring.

However I think that Thursday is a good time to give him a rest and see what Kean and Richarlison are like as a front 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.