2019/20 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
His attitude, work rate and application are absolutely first class. Compare him to kean. One was on for 90 mins and the other for 10 yet it was dcl chasing down everything last few minutes. And defenders hate him because he never stops. Also nearly got a goal ftom chasing down their keeper like he did v United.

Works hard for 90 minutes and gets little service. He's still got a way to go but if he can keep improving he could be the real deal.

Maybe if he passed the ball when other players are in better positions (Bernard) he'd get better service.

His work rate and skill is improving but he's too selfish considering his shooting is mediocre.

That was probably about as confident and composed as I've ever seen him play.

Granted, he was up against Championship players, but there was a time not too long ago where it looked like that could be his maximum level.

Really liked some of his all-round play, but his finishing still leaves a lot to be desired.
True, he was a little wasteful at times today but what I was encouraged by is that he is now looking to take on a strike at goal whereas at the start of the season his first thought was always to look for the pass. I would rather him pepper the keeper with a few tame ones if it means he has the right mindset when a higher percentage chance comes along. All the best forwards are a bit selfish and they should all be greedy bar stewards! I'm optimistic for the lad and I was a doubter historically.

Should have scored with that header - but again fed on scraps worked hard to make things happen - a star in the making for us imo - iwobi cross was his only cross that found DCL's head probably a shock for him on Iwobi's much improved 2nd half

Runs like a gazelle. Effortless pace. Things that can't be taught.

Everything else is coachable if they are a willing student. He seems to want to get better to me.

Can a killer instinct in front of goal be coached? It’s something he needs badly. Not disrespecting him or you. I know he has them good attributes but badly has to improve his finishing

Can a killer instinct in front of goal be coached? It’s something he needs badly. Not disrespecting him or you. I know he has them good attributes but badly has to improve his finishing

Natural talent happens.

Everything else is coachable...depends on the student and largely on the coach figuring out the Rubick's Cube that unlocks the way to connect with the player.

Status
Not open for further replies.