2019/20 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
We can put a photo up of Wayne Rooney up celebrating a goal when he’s 16, or Alan shearer banging them in at 22. Owen, Fowler Haaland also, we can go tit for tat all day but why don’t we just judge him on what we see with our eyes. The lads improved no doubt, and he’s scored some goals of late. But let’s not do what we do with every Everton player and wait and see over a couple of seasons if he can keep it up. Lucas digne was better than robertson according to some people on here called the best LB in Europe. Now he’s not even the best LB at Everton. Everyone wanted sidibe signed calling him a World Cup winner and what a delivery he has. Now he can’t deliver a pizza. DCL for me has not improved his overall finishing ability. He’s definitely in the box more and improved his poaching skills. His one on one skills are still dreadful and he never looks likely to score a goal from outside or even the edge of the box. Just been scoring scrambles really and headers. It’s hard to score 20 goals a season consistently without scoring all types of goals. I still don’t think he has a natural strikers instinct but hope I’m wrong.

Stop speaking sense mate.

DCL is better than Lukaku just wait until another goalie boots a goal kick at him into his own net you'll see!!

We can put a photo up of Wayne Rooney up celebrating a goal when he’s 16, or Alan shearer banging them in at 22. Owen, Fowler Haaland also, we can go tit for tat all day but why don’t we just judge him on what we see with our eyes. The lads improved no doubt, and he’s scored some goals of late. But let’s not do what we do with every Everton player and wait and see over a couple of seasons if he can keep it up. Lucas digne was better than robertson according to some people on here called the best LB in Europe. Now he’s not even the best LB at Everton. Everyone wanted sidibe signed calling him a World Cup winner and what a delivery he has. Now he can’t deliver a pizza. DCL for me has not improved his overall finishing ability. He’s definitely in the box more and improved his poaching skills. His one on one skills are still dreadful and he never looks likely to score a goal from outside or even the edge of the box. Just been scoring scrambles really and headers. It’s hard to score 20 goals a season consistently without scoring all types of goals. I still don’t think he has a natural strikers instinct but hope I’m wrong.
Right now, and over the last few months, he has been among the best strikers in the PL. No one is arguing that DCL can rest on these achievements, but on the contrary, he must repeat these achievements over time. Only then can he be compared to Kane, Rooney, Vardy, etc.

But the original argument from the skeptics was that he was not good enough for PL and that he did not have the potential to score many goals in PL. Therefore, there was no point in giving him any special playing time. He obviously did not have the potential. Now he has disproved this, and been perhaps our best player this season.

Therefore, he still deserves trust so he can prove that he can do it another season. And yes, he misses some great chances, but all strikers do. Last time I checked, he did not miss any more big chances statistically than other strikers did. And can anyone define what is meant by the natural finisher? For me, a natural finisher is one that scores many goals. That is exactly what DCL has done in recent months.

People who do not support Everton, and watch the matches, have been more impressed with DCL than Richarlison. Why doesn't the fantastic player Richarlison score more than the championship player DCL? I like Richarlison, but I think many Everton supporters overhype him.

Who scores 20 goals a season consistently???

Seriously manic depressive our fan base is! Our players are either the second coming or the antichrist? We were utter crap playing away at a “Sky top6” ground? We got beat, we nearly always do. But because we did you now want to throw one of the only two players we have capable of scoring any goals under a bus? I am just waiting to see how long some of you humps take to turn on Ancelotti :/

Carlo has this season to check them out then let Brands know who he wants to make us better. he has already improved many of the squad, but so where think he should be able to turn a very poor, largely cowardly squad into challenging for top 4 without any new additions? Listen to yourselves, you are like whingey kids who wanted a better toy than they were given.

Who scores 20 goals a season consistently???
Vardy, aguero, Kane, lukaku, aubameyang, mane, salah. I can go to past players too if you like? I know some may have scored 17 one season, maybe 15 but you get my point. I merely suggest that someone who scores over 15 goals a season consistently is someone who I would class as a top 6 forward.

Vardy, aguero, Kane, lukaku, aubameyang, mane, salah. I can go to past players too if you like? I know some may have scored 17 one season, maybe 15 but you get my point. I merely suggest that someone who scores over 15 goals a season consistently is someone who I would class as a top 6 forward.

i like DCL but even if he scores goals some people will still slate him. yes he's improved, yes he still needs to improve but right now without his goals (or scrappy goals i forgot a goal was a goal...) we would be alot lower in the table

lukaku buddy and a similar mob chased him out too. evertons biggest problem are its v own fans and until they are CRUSHED they will continue to destroy things from within.

You can’t list players you say score over 20 goals per season then say they score 15.

You can’t list players you say score over 20 goals per season then say they score 15.
I actually meant in all comps but Im not being the pedantic one here. My point is merely DCL has yet to prove he is a striker that is lethal in goalscoring situations for me. You know, when Vardy, Aguero, Lukaku or any of the above close down on the goal, you expect them to score. Even Richarlison I do. I still expect DCL to miss. That's all I'm saying. He's had a great season, contributed massively, come on leaps and bounds. I like him. I'm just saying that some of the praise has been slightly distorted.
At this moment in time he thoroughly deserves to be in the team. However, I still believe that if want to get into the CL (that is the aim here right?) we are going to need somebody who when he gets one of those chances against the big teams, puts it away most of the time. Although DCL had a good game against Man U. He was still the difference for me, between 3 points and 1 point by missing that early, and what proved to be crucial chance. Im a DCL fan. I just don't think he will ever be top drawer, which is what we are aiming for.

Status
Not open for further replies.