2019/20 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've been through this: he DOESN'T always go 442. He plays any system his players can fot into.
4-4-2 is his preferred formation, going back to his days working with Arrigo Sacchi. He learned to adapt away from that when he was at clubs with stars who wouldn't fit that system

Looking at some of his goals he really has been quite fortunate:

2x goals against Chelsea all from defensive mistakes in the box

2x against Utd - De Gea error & goal at OT which was a foul in all honesty

His all round play has been the thing thats impressed me more - using his pace and strength to keep pressure on the opposition. His finishing imo is still pretty poor although improved from not having a shot at all.

They all count.

Looking at some of his goals he really has been quite fortunate:

2x goals against Chelsea all from defensive mistakes in the box

2x against Utd - De Gea error & goal at OT which was a foul in all honesty

His all round play has been the thing thats impressed me more - using his pace and strength to keep pressure on the opposition. His finishing imo is still pretty poor although improved from not having a shot at all.

That was an own goal????

What if it's a purple patch?

That happens too.

DCL is largely the exception, not the rule.

Assuming he goes on to become the finished article and this isn't a purple patch, most top level strikers are accomplished regulars before the age of 22.
Like Didier Drogba who at the age of 23 was playing right back for Le Mans

They all count.

That they do but my point is he's not always going to have defenders make mistakes or Keepers taking 5 hours to take a goal kick therefore over time he'll have to actually show natural finishing ability to consistency be scoring 15-20 every season which I have my doubts that he will.

He's certainly improved but I think some folk need to calm down and wait and see how he does in the next 10 games and next season before labelling him the 2nd coming of Kane.

Status
Not open for further replies.