2019/20 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dom is defo improving and could become a good striker. Unlike about 18 other colleagues he is an asset to the club, albeit with a few faults. I hope he stays away from England selection for another year until he irons out his deficiencies. (hard to spell that one)

Absolutely this! Ferguson (or Ancelotti) wouldn’t get goals out of this lad playing up front as a sole striker. He needs 442 or 433 to thrive. Not every striker can play that role some actually need help up front. Despite all the shrieking and gnashing of teeth, when Gomes and Richy are back in this team, playing the way Carlo is starting to shape us up, I think we will see plenty of goals from this team.
I have said it a few times but a front 3 of
Ricarlison DCL Kean
with
Bernard Gomes Gbamin
Behind them is something I want to see before the season is over

The ability to rest a young player...... unless you wanna carry on with only 2 fit recognised strikers? Then bring Niasse on?
Cavani is going to come here and be happy as the guy who plays when others need a rest? When we aren't in Europe and only play multiple games a week a few times a season? Doubt it.

Coming on a treat and will get close to 20 this season (as long as we continue to play two up front) - now if only we can keep them out at the other end.

What's class about him at the moment is, apart from scoring he has added aggression and a nasty challenge to his game, puts a touch more fear and pressure into defenders when hes closing down, which by the way he does very well

Status
Not open for further replies.