2019/20 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad he scored again, made up for him. When he jumps it looks kind of awkward at times though, maybe it’s just me, yeah probably is.

Still not good enough in my eyes to be leading the line.

If Lukaku wasnt good enough to push us on God knows how some have been hoodwinked into thinking this lad is.

Our Shane Long - perfect player to bring off the bench when at 1-1 like today to try hustle and bustle and grab a late winner but for me we need a top CF.

just imagine Lukaku & Richarlison up top together the sheer goal threat with DCL coming off the bench.

Thats what we need to be aiming for.
our top scorer who is 2 behind Mane and 1 behind Salah isn't good enough? He can certainly improve but ffs give the lad a break, He could bang in 3 on Tuesday and people still be chatting utter jarg about him. People are constantly badmouthing our top scorer, Do you know how bizarre that is?

our top scorer who is 2 behind Mane and 1 behind Salah isn't good enough? He can certainly improve but ffs give the lad a break, He could bang in 3 on Tuesday and people still be chatting utter jarg about him. People are constantly badmouthing our top scorer, Do you know how bizarre that is?

He's our top scorer based off the last 7 games where we have you could argue 2 new manager bounces under Big Dunc & Ancelotti.

If he keeps it up over these next 12-18 months and improves his finishing when it matters ie. 1 on 1's etc. I'll happily admit he's improved as I have done with Holgate who's turned my opinion around this season.

But as of yet if you want more than mid table for me we need another CF alongside him.

He's our top scorer based off the last 7 games where we have you could argue 2 new manager bounces under Big Dunc & Ancelotti.

If he keeps it up over these next 12-18 months and improves his finishing when it matters ie. 1 on 1's etc. I'll happily admit he's improved as I have done with Holgate who's turned my opinion around this season.

But as of yet if you want more than mid table for me we need another CF alongside him.
oh m8 this is utter nonsense and you were absolutely giggling typing that dire jarg, We'd be in serious trouble without him this season.
He has flaws and is certainly not the finished product but he's steadily improving.

oh m8 this is utter nonsense and you were absolutely giggling typing that dire jarg, We'd be in serious trouble without him this season.
He has flaws and is certainly not the finished product but he's steadily improving.

Its not nonsense at all - so you're telling me Watford have suddenly turned into a top 6 form team because Pearson is such a quality manager or the players they have are ace?

Look at Utd under Ole GS last season when they won about 10 on the bounce.

He's looked hopeless up until Duncs first game at Chelsea when he capitalised on two defender errors. Since then he's scored goals but hardly played fantastically well (unless you call running around alot that).

As I said if he carries it on whilst improving his all round game and finishing I'll happily admit he's proven me wrong.

The real answer is we have been so starved of any quality up top since Lukaku left that anyone who scores a few goals will instantly hit cult status especially if they run around alot which the Park End boys love.

I just wish we had a Jamie Vardy or Jimenez up top as our fans would see what a proper striker is (not just goals but all round play).

I've been very critical of DCL in the past but since we have moved to two up front he has looked a different player. He really bullies defenders, brings his strike partner into the game really well and, most importantly, has started scoring. Very pleased to have been wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.