2019/20 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.

If he was paid more I’d of said that it was hand ball but he’s no so little wages that had to be his shoulder.

Ive not written off anyone...

So you're saying Kean hasn't been gash so far?

If Kean had come here and hit the ground running racking up 10+ goals you think DCL would get in the side ahead of him and Richarlison?

Kean has attributes that suggests a 19 year old playing in a foreign country in a higher paced game can go on to be a real striker.....

"If" Kean hit the ground running he would still be getting rested and used sparingly where possible.... also given the fact that his game is different to DCLs it stands to reason that they may not be direct competition.... he would likely be fighting richarlison for the second striker role.

But I think the fact that DCL is seen up as a support striker is somehow lost on some.

yeah and bambi isn’t good enough as a forward. He either needs to be a slotter as a forward or needs to be an intelligent assist machine or Has to have something more than constantly running. It’s nuanced. You can’t just say cause gana isn’t a wizard on the ball = DCL doesn’t need to slot.

You mean you need to see a direct assist to understand how a player has contributed?

Many of us can actually see DCL creating with his work and duels won.....

You mean you need to see a direct assist to understand how a player has contributed?

Many of us can actually see DCL creating with his work and duels won.....

I said he has good attributes. I recognize his work rate and he does be a nuisance to defenders. It’s still not enough.

If DCL scores 2 goal in his next 2 premier league games he will have exactly a 1 in 5 strike rate. If he manages a hat trick in both games (unlikely I know) his strike rate will be exactly 1 in 4. I personally think given the amount of times he has been played out of position or he has only been a sub either one of these are pretty good for a team that has been in turmoil most of the time.

If DCL scores 2 goal in his next 2 premier league games he will have exactly a 1 in 5 strike rate. If he manages a hat trick in both games (unlikely I know) his strike rate will be exactly 1 in 4. I personally think given the amount of times he has been played out of position or he has only been a sub either one of these are pretty good for a team that has been in turmoil most of the time.

Take that DCL haters.

BURNED

Status
Not open for further replies.