2019/20 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.

I like DCL. I will only worry about him when he starts missing chances similar to today's every week.

Hopefully this style of play were adopting under Carlo will continue to create these clear cut chances.

Keep it up Dom lad

When he went through on goal in the second half you just knew he wouldn't score. The opposite of Lukaku in that respect.

Imagine that being in a FA Cup Final against a Man City where chances are limited

Or in the league against Man Utd to decide European qualification.

Thats what the druids who worship DCL do not realise - sticking with him as first choice will stop us from ever achieving anything.

Saints are level on points with us but worse all over the pitch but simply put they have a CF who scores goals which win games.

He needs about 10 chances to score 1 goal. Already been mentioned but when he was through 1 on 1 today, you just knew he was going to miss. Rewind a couple of years back and if that was Lukaku on the end of that you knew he would score.

He's ok. He's average. If you want Everton Football Club going places he's not the man to lead the line, to slot and get you 20+ goals a season. Harsh as I want him to succeed but it's true. He's not clinical enough infront of goal and he's not going to get you 20+ goals a season.

Status
Not open for further replies.