2019/20 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Divisive, yet to convince all the fans. I think he's OK, I don't think this 'run of form' will last, wouldn't mind if we cashed-in tbh.

Doesn't look a natural footballer somehow, the way he connects with the ball for his shots, looks like he's got his boots on the wrong feet.

In a lot of ways DCL epitomises what’s wrong with this club. For a couple of years now he has shown nothing to suggest he is anything other than a lad who gives 100% but is not good enough at the top level as a striker. He then hits a bit of a purple patch with a couple of goals coinciding with a bit of off field good news and suddenly he’s the answer to our problems and fulfilling expectations and we are prepared to offer him a new contract halfway through his existing contract to double his wages.
Yes mate. You get it.

I knew what season we were going to be in for when we had him as our starting striker.

How?

Because we have seen it for the past three years.

His movement and confidence have improved a bit this season.

His 2nd goal against Newcastle for me shows why he wont ever be a top half Prem forward.

He completely miscued a sitter but the ball somehow bobbled up and landed in the net. 49 times out of 50 that effort results in one of the most dreadful misses of the year. His finishing in the air is ok, he just doesnt have anything remotely like a finishers feet. His shots from distance are embarassing sidefoots, his shots from close range tend to be miscued - all signs of a non finisher.

Mate I dont know where you are seeing these quality lay offs because I dont see them, the only thing he will have in common with sharp is they are both Male.
You didn't see Sharpy when he first came in then ! After three years then OK but Sharpy struggled at first like a few others .That team came together it didn't happen straight away hence the match that changed everything is not the same one for all who watched .Some say it was against Oxford Utd some don't .

His movement and confidence have improved a bit this season.

His 2nd goal against Newcastle for me shows why he wont ever be a top half Prem forward.

He completely miscued a sitter but the ball somehow bobbled up and landed in the net. 49 times out of 50 that effort results in one of the most dreadful misses of the year. His finishing in the air is ok, he just doesnt have anything remotely like a finishers feet. His shots from distance are embarassing sidefoots, his shots from close range tend to be miscued - all signs of a non finisher.
I said this. I really like him and what he offers the team but his finishing with his feet is poor. People do seem to miss the rest of his game and what he offers though.

In a lot of ways DCL epitomises what’s wrong with this club. For a couple of years now he has shown nothing to suggest he is anything other than a lad who gives 100% but is not good enough at the top level as a striker. He then hits a bit of a purple patch with a couple of goals coinciding with a bit of off field good news and suddenly he’s the answer to our problems and fulfilling expectations and we are prepared to offer him a new contract halfway through his existing contract to double his wages.
He is only on 20k pw and has been much better this season than people think. Goals aside, his game has been excellent in what he was asked to do,hence getting the nod over 4 internationals week on week.

You didn't see Sharpy when he first came in then ! After three years then OK but Sharpy struggled at first like a few others .That team came together it didn't happen straight away hence the match that changed everything is not the same one for all who watched .Some say it was against Oxford Utd some don't .
I did see him mate and my post doesn't change.

Divisive, yet to convince all the fans. I think he's OK, I don't think this 'run of form' will last, wouldn't mind if we cashed-in tbh.

Doesn't look a natural footballer somehow, the way he connects with the ball for his shots, looks like he's got his boots on the wrong feet.
You think he is ok then take him to pieces.

So he's Graeme Sharp now? FFS. More like Stuart Barlow

I mean he’s actually showing improvements which is more than can be said for most of our youngsters over recent years.
A little purple patch against weaker teams,tbh I haven’t seen much improvement all, he works hard enought but he’s done that for ages, he’s just pretty useless doing what a striker should do and score goals regular.

Status
Not open for further replies.