2019/20 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
An absolute beast physically. A nightmare to try and play from the back/win headers against.

Utterly horrific footballer as the left-footed shot and cross second half demonstrated, but no doubt useful against decent sides that try to play and that we can't keep the ball against.

This won't be enough against the sides that give us the ball, but fair play, he does a job in most of this type of game which deserves some credit.

I’ve been his biggest critic for ages but am happy to eat a slice of humble pie today.... the lad was superb

Was just about to say the same thing.

I've slated him many many times, but i have to say his performances of late have been ' different '. Its nice to see.

I'm pleased to see him.doing well. But isn't all this chat exactly the same as when we had that good spell the tail end of last season?

DCL is good at not letting defenders rest. He's a busy pressing player. Which works with others around him, but I'd like him to actually look likely to score.

He's not a natural finisher and doesn't really finish moves off. And after a few seasons of doing the harrying, I'm not convinced he's going to magically develop that killer instinct.

This isn't a "he's a championship player" post, I like his work ethic. But I also liked The Straq. I just don't think it's all as simple as some folk make out...

Status
Not open for further replies.