2019/20 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two gifts for his goals, can't lie.

HOWEVER fair play to him. Hopefully he turns the corner and has come more composure infront of goal.

Such a backhanded compliment. Would it kill you to just say “played well, shut me up”.

Were his goals not gifts?

No backhanded compliments at all, they where.

I've also said fair play to him, he's not played poorly but he does need to sort his composure out. Any chance he has where has time to think he struggles. I also have to point out that the benefit of having him upfront is that he is a nuisance for defneders and will put himself about. The issues come with his finishing and his first touch.

Were his goals not gifts?

No backhanded compliments at all, they where.

I've also said fair play to him, he's not played poorly but he does need to sort his composure out. Any chance he has where has time to think he struggles.

You have to say he’s the best young striker out there, you’re not allowed to base any opinion on the whole of the season.

He got a bunch of shots away today outside of the two goals. Everyone wants to think strikers score a high percentage of shots, and occasionally that happens, but shot volume makes more of a difference. If he keeps that up the goals will continue to come.

He got a bunch of shots away today outside of the two goals. Everyone wants to think strikers score a high percentage of shots, and occasionally that happens, but shot volume makes more of a difference. If he keeps that up the goals will continue to come.

Needs to add composure to the shots with a bit of awareness. The one in the first ahlf at 1-0 is a prime example of him not keeping his cool like he would in training.

Status
Not open for further replies.