2019/20 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s an invalid comparison as the lower end of the championship can be utter toilet at times. Even DCL could fill his boots. Wilson probably started a lot of games as well whereas DCL will have sub appearances.

You’d need some kind of PL goal per minute stat which isn’t possible as Wilson didn’t play PL before DCL’s age.
I'm alluding to the fact that dom should of gone and learnt where the net is down the leagues..

Both Wilson and Abraham did just that and are now twice the player dcl is.

Being here has stifled him.

The entire of spine of the team is awful. Pickford shaky and mistake-prine with tiny arms, Mina-Keane cannot play together and are very slow, Schnederlin and Delph are just awful. Not as bad as the Heitinga-Neville axis of evil but just as unproductive, Sigurdsson basically offers average set pieces and corners and lots ineffective pressing, and DCL is basically Steve Watson playing upfront.
Pickford has an attitude problem akin to Joe Hart - arrogance to the point where he thinks he is infallible whilst he makes avoidable mistakes. This a big shame as there is a good keeper in there if he could unlock it.

Mina and Keane require 2 defensive midfielders in front of them evidently from Silva's formations - that's a problem that was on the point of being rectified until Zouma fell through and it really can't be used as an excuse for very long at all - Silva needs to work to their strengths and form a system that allows them to be effective whilst he gets the other CB (or even 2) to allow his zonal system to be used again. I think that this is rectifiable if he wants, but is he able?

Schneiderlin and Delph. I'm afraid that Delph will be tarnished for his time here by having to play with Schneiderlin, who for me is venturing into becoming the French Nyarko. Siggy is also badly used to neither compliment his strengths nor make him effective for the benefit of the team - more on Silva's head.

DCL is better than Steve Watson in all aspects but converting scoring opportunities. And as his critics will say, that's the thing you get judged on if you are a forward/ striker - goals. Score 20 by them bouncing off your backside, and you're a more useful striker than one who scores 5 worldles and makes 10 assists. What a revolting state of affairs that there are 2 bigger wastes of spaces in Niasse and Tosun in the club that make DCL the best option currently. I make no comment on Kean's position as he's a young lad in a strange country and league and needs some time to acclimatise before I believe it's fair to criticise.

Somewhat off topic apart from the last bit, but there are just so many problems. DCL would have to be a 30 goal a season striker to mask all those problems, and that he is not. Are some of those problems fast to fix and they'll just click into place given time? I hope so, but too much is fundamentally wrong at the moment to give me confidence.

I knew their was a reason I hadn't been on the Everton sub-forum for a week or so... Oh Everton, you do worry me.

I'm alluding to the fact that dom should of gone and learnt where the net is down the leagues..

The problem with that, was that post Lukaku our strike force consisted of strikers that can`t / don`t score goals.

If we`d have been able to adequately replace Lukaku I`m sure he may well have gone out on loan.

Unfortunately we were never in a position to loan him out, we still aren`t.

5 , 6 & 8 goals in wilsons first 3 seasons in the Premeir League, granted he has had bad injurys etc, but he was aloud to be given time to grow as a player, and right at this moment, behind Vardy, Wilson is my favourite striker in the league

Status
Not open for further replies.