2019/20 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
That first chance, he has more composure he probably could take a touch. But I get why he took it on. It's a great save.

Second chance he should be scoring.

He did play well overall. But he needs to be putting those chances away. He ran City's defenders ragged but he needs to do that against every side.

That first chance, he has more composure he probably could take a touch. But I get why he took it on. It's a great save.

Second chance he should be scoring.

He did play well overall. But he needs to be putting those chances away. He ran City's defenders ragged but he needs to do that against every side.

Now in the third season of this excuse Toff, he’s clearly not good enough

strikers are born with that instinct and composure, it’s very very rarely taught

Now in the third season of this excuse Toff, he’s clearly not good enough

strikers are born with that instinct and composure, it’s very very rarely taught

It's not an excuse. Not one bit. I agree.

But he showed what he's good at today. He can be more than useful if he has a partner in these games.

We can say he'll never be good enough. But atm he is good enough for us because frankly we're very poor. And the DoF cocked up in the summer by not signing an alternative to either DCL or Kean.

It's not an excuse. Not one bit. I agree.

But he showed what he's good at today. He can be more than useful if he has a partner in these games.

We can say he'll never be good enough. But atm he is good enough for us because frankly we're very poor. And the DoF cocked up in the summer by not signing an alternative to either DCL or Kean.

surely he adds to that. Unable to convert chances and in the majority of games is very immobile and doesn’t really give the defenders much to think about

and yes, brands should have got a second more experienced striker in. Even for a year just to cover the gap

Options...different players, different opponents. Knocking Calvert Lewin for today’s performance misses the point....it WAS the right decision to start him ahead of Keane. That’s Silva’s only real decision when it comes to who starts and leads the line. Is DCL good enough now as a finished product.....? Don’t embarrass yourself by answering and saying what we can see.....but neither is Keane. Or Tosun, or Niasse, or Simms or Gordon for those that way offering help.

Winning headers and chasing your own flick on doesn’t reflect well on the team, never mind Calver-Lewin. He had previous in terms of days dominant displays against City....and for me did well today. Is he the long term answer....I actually don’t know, but I remember Sharp in his early years.....memories can be kind years later, especially when you’ve been part of a magical period. The lad is competing and leading the line ahead of the £27m we lavished on Tosun, the not so insignificant sum wasted on Niasse, who was in our top five record signings at the time of his purchase and is taking the pressure of Kean as he adjusts. For those that don’t rate him, I can assure you that he’d become a much better player overnight if he were (hopefully not) to get injured and miss the next six weeks.

My point is, he is a key part of this team as it stands, worth an awful lot more than when we bought him and is having his best ever season in a Blue shirt. Is what he is doing so bad? Time to realise where we are as a team and where he is.

Options...different players, different opponents. Knocking Calvert Lewin for today’s performance misses the point....it WAS the right decision to start him ahead of Keane. That’s Silva’s only real decision when it comes to who starts and leads the line. Is DCL good enough now as a finished product.....? Don’t embarrass yourself by answering and saying what we can see.....but neither is Keane. Or Tosun, or Niasse, or Simms or Gordon for those that way offering help.

Winning headers and chasing your own flick on doesn’t reflect well on the team, never mind Calver-Lewin. He had previous in terms of days dominant displays against City....and for me did well today. Is he the long term answer....I actually don’t know, but I remember Sharp in his early years.....memories can be kind years later, especially when you’ve been part of a magical period. The lad is competing and leading the line ahead of the £27m we lavished on Tosun, the not so insignificant sum wasted on Niasse, who was in our top five record signings at the time of his purchase and is taking the pressure of Kean as he adjusts. For those that don’t rate him, I can assure you that he’d become a much better player overnight if he were (hopefully not) to get injured and miss the next six weeks.

My point is, he is a key part of this team as it stands, worth an awful lot more than when we bought him and is having his best ever season in a Blue shirt. Is what he is doing so bad? Time to realise where we are as a team and where he is.
Brilliant

Status
Not open for further replies.