2019/20 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have I just read that we shouldn't worry about how many goals he scores because he has been dropped for Kean? He still needs to start scoring when given the opportunity or is he just supposed to stop trying to improve now, what an idiotic statement.

Abraham might be a better player of course. He has been highly rated through the youth system, its hard to know Chelsea's motivation for the loans because they haven't been a club for promoting youth players in the abramovic era. My point is, he struggled massively in the Premier league dropped down to the championship, scored goals, found his shooting boots and is leading the line now for Chelsea. Whether he would be without a transfer ban is obviously up for debate. He hasn't had to carry a piss poor Everton team on his shoulders for 2 seasons. I think as with any young player, you want them to learn the craft but DCL is doing his on the job so to speak.
Yeah I know what you mean, absolutely. I'm not saying you're wrong, just that playing for Everton and playing for Chelsea are different things at the moment. They can afford to send somebody out on loan while they have Giroud, Batshuayi, Higuaín etc on the bench anyway, but Calvert Lewin has been a viable option for us for 2 years, so he was never getting loaned out.

I don't really agree that he's had to carry Everton though. He's started 34 Premier League games over the last 2 seasons, that's not that much for a 22 year old really, it definitely compares with many other players his age. I've said before, we've possibly asked too much of him because of his level of ability, but I don't think we've really asked too much of him because of his age.

Have I just read that we shouldn't worry about how many goals he scores because he has been dropped for Kean? He still needs to start scoring when given the opportunity or is he just supposed to stop trying to improve now, what an idiotic statement.

Needs to have a good spell with Unsie in the U23s to try and find his mojo.

Not a great striker, but still a massively underrated footballer. Would make a good winger imo. Got a silky touch, keeps running, quick, gets past people. Just make sure he passes at the end :)

Status
Not open for further replies.