2019/20 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
DCL has all the physical attributes to be a top striker , unfortunately he totally lacks the 2 most vital traits , a football brain and an instinct to score , for that reason he will never make it at this level .

coupled with the fact that I think he is just happy to be playing up front for us, he doesn't have that all out desire to score at any cost, he just hasn't got the natural instincts im afraid... no amount of training will drill that into you.

and for everyone saying he offers lots more than just goals, well seiing as a number 9 is primarily on the pitch to get the teams goals, then that's a pretty derisive fact, and there are plenty of striker who pull defences apart AND score goals... whod have thunk it ay ?!

we are now into season 3 without a real striker and some of you have forgotten what its like to watch a pure striker do his stuff week in week out..

as for kean, his tartget should be to get 10 goals and plenty of minutes this season, anything else would be a bonus for a debut season in the prem for a 19 year old prospect...

so we still need goals from out wide and through the midfielders.... something lacking from the start this season

He has been expected to be a Premier League player for Everton, when he is still learning his trade! Sorry I blame the management, especially Big Dunc who I still cannot understand why, is still on the staff?

Won some aerials when he came on, did well imo
His hold up, strength, heading ability is the best of all our forwards.

But just watching the Wolves highlights back... On Richys second goal he's just standing there, watching. Any true goalscorer is busting a gut to get a start on his marker and follow in that fairly soft header looking for the save / rebound. Not DCL.

His hold up, strength, heading ability is the best of all our forwards.

But just watching the Wolves highlights back... On Richys second goal he's just standing there, watching. Any true goalscorer is busting a gut to get a start on his marker and follow in that fairly soft header looking for the save / rebound. Not DCL.
The biggest criticism I have off him. He never attack’s the ball for me, he is so easily marked in the box.

Status
Not open for further replies.