Does all the speculation show the level we're at?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrD

Player Valuation: £10m
Hi all,

So with Moyesey on his way i was wondering if the list of bookies favourites to take over his role shows the level of quality that the club aim for?

i for one won't ever be happy if Matinez is appointed, years of last day survivals aren't good enough. Personally from those mentioned i'd be made up if we got Laudrup.

Should we be trying to entice a bigger name manager, even if it means spending the same on wages as we did for Moyes?

I just wish this club of ours would aim higher than the likes of Roberto Martinez, Mark Hughes, Niel Lennon and the like.

Is it true that small minds, small ambition = small club?

Also, has anyone mentioned that the way Moyes has handled this means that we won't get any compensation from UTD for him?

i for one won't ever be happy if Matinez is appointed, years of last day survivals aren't good enough.

Me neither. Paul Jewell did better at Wigan than Martinez.

Should we be trying to entice a bigger name manager, even if it means spending the same on wages as we did for Moyes?

Yes, we should even be offering more.

Is it true that small minds, small ambition = small club?

That's how it works, and why Spurs are seen as a bigger club than us even tho' they last won the league in 1961. Even Newcastle & Villa are seen as bigger clubs than Everton, FFS!

has anyone mentioned that the way Moyes has handled this means that we won't get any compensation from UTD for him?

He's out of contract. Obviously that means zero compensation.

If we go for and get Pereira/Montanier/Laudrup or even Poyet I will be quite happy but if we end up with the likes of Hughes/Lennon/Martinez I will be flogging my season ticket on ebay!!

Status
Not open for further replies.