Do you drink in The Brick with all the other scruffy ASBOs?

Are you a racist?

• Yes

Votes: 7 8.5%
  • No

Votes: 53 64.6%
  • They shouldn't be getting tickets, lad

Votes: 6 7.3%
  • Special fried rice on toast.

Votes: 16 19.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
That drive out to Cheshire Oaks paid off. The thing is, if we win and you attribute her the good luck charm, you'll have to be off to the shops to earn the good guy points for dragging her back for the next game. When you tempt fate and all that...
My cousin is on holiday and my Son is working, so im taking my Grandson and he wants Nanny to come as well, I doubt she ever attends another game.

Can’t believe the poor woman is going to have to watch Everton and Burnley hahaha. What a game she’s got lucky with
Last game she attended was about 15 years ago now, we went to a preseason as a family, we bought the kids a kit each, the girls spent the whole match complaining how bored they were and my youngest daughter never once even wore the kit we bought her.

Still wounds me to this day, spent a fortune.

Last game she attended was about 15 years ago now, we went to a preseason as a family, we bought the kids a kit each, the girls spent the whole match complaining how bored they were and my youngest daughter never once even wore the kit we bought her.

"I'll show him how to spend a few quid and waste a Saturday afternoon, once the sales start at the Oaks he's mine!"

In essence, the tweet is born not from racism, but from the nostalgic view held by many local football fans of how football is, i.e. for the local, working class labour voting man who sits in the same seat that his dad and grandad both sat in.

You bad, bad bell end.

If it wasn't born from racism I suppose they picked that fella out at random?

What do you honestly think stood out about the people chosen to be photographed and tweeted about by the gremlins at brick travel that identified them as possibly not being local?

Definitely nothing to do with their ethnicity?

Nobhead

You bad, bad bell end.

If it wasn't born from racism I suppose they picked that fella out at random?

What do you honestly think stood out about the people chosen to be photographed and tweeted about by the gremlins at brick travel that identified them as possibly not being local?

Definitely nothing to do with their ethnicity?

Nobhead
Yeah they don't look all there themselves.

This is a local club for local people.
2521.jpg

People in todays society Malfosse will often choose to be offended when and where it suits them.

Tens of thousands of EFC fans be it in person or online will laugh at LFC's local season ticket numbers being low and point towards them being "out of towners" is that prejudicial ?

Many of us have at one point called the RS "Norwegians" or "Scandinavians" is that not xenophobic in nature ?

I have often viewed retweeted imagery on social media and on GOT of the Kop on match day being full of Chinese fans recording the game on their Ipads, we all know the undertone intended with that right ?

"Let he who is without sin cast the first stone."

From what I had seen earlier, my judgement of the situation for what its worth is that this man or woman is of the outdated belief of football clubs solely serving its local community.

In essence, the tweet is born not from racism, but from the nostalgic view held by many local football fans of how football is, i.e. for the local, working class labour voting man who sits in the same seat that his dad and grandad both sat in.

I dont think that makes it racist, anti middle class or anti tory/lib dem - its just the football equivalent of the older generation who harp on about the "good old days" in sadness as they witness how society changes/evolves.

Football is currently evolving and often local fans feel cut off from the club they grew up supporting.

You have clubs like Fulham building a swimming pool into their stand to attract wealthy tourists, clubs like Utd, Arsenal, Spurs and Liverpool are essentially tourist attractions these days. Many Man City fans who once laughed at Utd for having tons of supporters from down South now are in the same boat as local fans start to feel the pinch with increased games/ticket prices.

We should therefore not jump to dangerous and potentially libellous conclusions and allow for further evidence to be collated before we exercise judgement on the author of the tweet.

The author does however (in my opinion) need to remove the picture and apologise to the supporter involved.
It's up to you if you don't like out of towners attending Everton games there's a debate to be had if you'd like.
What you're missing whether it's on purpose or not is that a racist slur was used.

Last edited:

My daughter spent her one and only time colouring in.
Luckily enough I have a son who I managed to infect with the Everton virus.
Sorry Lewis.

People in todays society Malfosse will often choose to be offended when and where it suits them.

Tens of thousands of EFC fans be it in person or online will laugh at LFC's local season ticket numbers being low and point towards them being "out of towners" is that prejudicial ?

Many of us have at one point called the RS "Norwegians" or "Scandinavians" is that not xenophobic in nature ?

I have often viewed retweeted imagery on social media and on GOT of the Kop on match day being full of Chinese fans recording the game on their Ipads, we all know the undertone intended with that right ?

From what I had seen earlier, my judgement of the situation for what its worth is that this man or woman is of the outdated belief of football clubs solely serving its local community.

I dont think that makes it racist, anti middle class or anti tory/lib dem - its just the football equivalent of the older generation who harp on about the "good old days" in sadness as they witness how society changes/evolves.

Football is currently evolving and often local fans feel cut off from the club they grew up supporting.

You have clubs like Fulham building a swimming pool into their stand to attract wealthy tourists, clubs like Utd, Arsenal, Spurs and Liverpool are essentially tourist attractions these days. Many Man City fans who once laughed at Utd for having tons of supporters from down South now are in the same boat as local fans start to feel the pinch with increased games/ticket prices.

We should therefore not jump to dangerous and potentially libellous conclusions and allow for further evidence to be collated before we exercise judgement on the author of the tweet.

The author does however (in my opinion) need to remove the picture and apologise to the supporter involved.
You just condoned a Chinese person being called kitchen sink you absolute fruit cake. Shut the god damn f up.

5F8AAD80-026E-4897-8DD1-A7BD1E8CF961.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.