Do you drink in The Brick with all the other scruffy ASBOs?

Are you a racist?

• Yes

Votes: 7 8.5%
  • No

Votes: 53 64.6%
  • They shouldn't be getting tickets, lad

Votes: 6 7.3%
  • Special fried rice on toast.

Votes: 16 19.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not just away games. Certain people who love the sound of their own voice on Everton spaces think you can only go the game if you live off County Road.

As for aways. If you go all year round, all over the country then of course you should get priority.

I don’t go to aways but at home, I couldn’t care less where the person who’s sat next to me comes from. As long as they are there to support Everton I don’t have a problem, and neither should anyone else.
Taking my Wife to Burnley on Saturday, she HATES football and mocks me when Everton get beat.

Nobody tell the Super Bloos.

It wasn’t just her, but she was part of a group of people who thought their popularity on twitter was more important and started to derail the whole thing.

Think they basically went behind the backs of people to arrange their own protests under the 27 campaign banner without involving a lot of people who started it originally.

That new one ‘altogether now’ is just a load of twitter accounts and a lot of fan forums and fan groups weren’t even asked to be a part of it.

These people seem to want to gatekeep the whole club.

She once told me I get the club I deserve because I couldn't make a midweek protest because I live 60 odd miles away.

I know a few
Not just away games. Certain people who love the sound of their own voice on Everton spaces think you can only go the game if you live off County Road.

As for aways. If you go all year round, all over the country then of course you should get priority.

I don’t go to aways but at home, I couldn’t care less where the person who’s sat next to me comes from. As long as they are there to support Everton I don’t have a problem, and neither should anyone else.
They sometimes have an issue where our players come from, too.

Just don't understand why the club don't firefight the hoarding?

When I go to an England game, I collect tickets before and need ID and if I
Don't have it or don't collect I don't get a credit.

There are fans who go 12-13.games
Who HAVE to hoard. Just give them
The break.

4-5 years ago we had 500 who went every game; now its 1,700? Something stinks.

Genuinely should do 3,300 Brighton, collection at x site before; would soon filter out the nonsense and finally make the super bloos back off

Taking my Wife to Burnley on Saturday, she HATES football and mocks me when Everton get beat.

Nobody tell the Super Bloos.
That drive out to Cheshire Oaks paid off. The thing is, if we win and you attribute her the good luck charm, you'll have to be off to the shops to earn the good guy points for dragging her back for the next game. When you tempt fate and all that...

Haha received a warning for this. Good to see where the moderator's priorities are. Must be a Brick regular.

Don't cry.

The warning notice gives a very clear reason why.

A priority is keeping the forum online.

{name},

Your message ({title}) contains what a moderator perceives to be inappropriate language.

GrandOldTeam prides itself on offering Everton fans a place for intelligent and respectful debate about the issues that matter to them, offering a feature-rich, intelligent and moderated forum for our readers to share their own personal views on all things Everton FC related. We're enormously proud of the websites ethos, one which we thinks accurately represents the Evertonian community as the very best in the World.

We do ask that all visitors follow our relatively laid back guidelines to ensure these forums remain user-friendly, and one of these is the avoidance of;

p) Poor, profane or obscene language of any type is not welcome - even when it's 'censored' to include asterix or even in jest.

Bad language or profanity 1) negatively impacts our search engine ranking, 2) puts us at risk of losing our advertising income and above all, 3) it sours the atmosphere of the forum.

1) Most of our traffic arrives from Google. If Google regularly detect 'poor, profane or obscene language', we will lose our ranking and traffic.

2) Our ad partner insist their clients adverts do not appear alongside 'poor, profane or obscene language'. We rely on adverts to stay online.

3) Our community voted in favour of a policy which discourages poor, profane or obscene language.

Thank you.

Don't cry.

The warning notice gives a very clear reason why.

A priority is keeping the forum online.

Didn't know Twit was an obscenity. The astrix must have been a typo.

Also don't worry about keeping the forum going as if the club folds you can always rebrand and name it GrandOldMarine.com

Last edited:
Just don't understand why the club don't firefight the hoarding?

When I go to an England game, I collect tickets before and need ID and if I
Don't have it or don't collect I don't get a credit.

There are fans who go 12-13.games
Who HAVE to hoard. Just give them
The break.

4-5 years ago we had 500 who went every game; now its 1,700? Something stinks.

Genuinely should do 3,300 Brighton, collection at x site before; would soon filter out the nonsense and finally make the super bloos back off
That'd be quite hypocritical of the club when they have a resale platform that facilitates STH's who have no intention of attending many home matches doing exactly what the away credit hoarders are doing.

Did you not see it was a racist tweet containing a racist slur?
Are you Frank Hester by any chance?

People in todays society Malfosse will often choose to be offended when and where it suits them.

Tens of thousands of EFC fans be it in person or online will laugh at LFC's local season ticket numbers being low and point towards them being "out of towners" is that prejudicial ?

Many of us have at one point called the RS "Norwegians" or "Scandinavians" is that not xenophobic in nature ?

I have often viewed retweeted imagery on social media and on GOT of the Kop on match day being full of Chinese fans recording the game on their Ipads, we all know the undertone intended with that right ?

"Let he who is without sin cast the first stone."

From what I had seen earlier, my judgement of the situation for what its worth is that this man or woman is of the outdated belief of football clubs solely serving its local community.

In essence, the tweet is born not from racism, but from the nostalgic view held by many local football fans of how football is, i.e. for the local, working class labour voting man who sits in the same seat that his dad and grandad both sat in.

I dont think that makes it racist, anti middle class or anti tory/lib dem - its just the football equivalent of the older generation who harp on about the "good old days" in sadness as they witness how society changes/evolves.

Football is currently evolving and often local fans feel cut off from the club they grew up supporting.

You have clubs like Fulham building a swimming pool into their stand to attract wealthy tourists, clubs like Utd, Arsenal, Spurs and Liverpool are essentially tourist attractions these days. Many Man City fans who once laughed at Utd for having tons of supporters from down South now are in the same boat as local fans start to feel the pinch with increased games/ticket prices.

We should therefore not jump to dangerous and potentially libellous conclusions and allow for further evidence to be collated before we exercise judgement on the author of the tweet.

The author does however (in my opinion) need to remove the picture and apologise to the supporter involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.