Do you drink in The Brick with all the other scruffy ASBOs?

Are you a racist?

• Yes

Votes: 7 8.5%
  • No

Votes: 53 64.6%
  • They shouldn't be getting tickets, lad

Votes: 6 7.3%
  • Special fried rice on toast.

Votes: 16 19.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Went in there a couple of times a few years ago, no problems although the last time i was in there i suspected the fella next to me at the bar had let off a horrific fart.
The most horrific fart I have ever experienced remains in the Winslow before Newcastle home in 2010.
There were people running out the door, people screaming, a sobbing vicar sat near me stood up and renounced God and ripped his dog collar off.

How? She’s just one person. They could of simply told her no. Not taking sides here I just find it bizarre they would allow a lady off twitter to just derail things.

It wasn’t just her, but she was part of a group of people who thought their popularity on twitter was more important and started to derail the whole thing.

Think they basically went behind the backs of people to arrange their own protests under the 27 campaign banner without involving a lot of people who started it originally.

That new one ‘altogether now’ is just a load of twitter accounts and a lot of fan forums and fan groups weren’t even asked to be a part of it.

These people seem to want to gatekeep the whole club.

000.jpeg

Why would you have a go at anyone chosing to support and follow us?! Even if "these lot" as the post puts it, aren't local (they could be scouse AF for all I know) what would it even matter?! Ffs, my respect for them goes up through the roof if they aren't local cos they're (A) Cool AF and (B) mad AF! I've never met a none scouse blue (let alone one from abroad) who I wasn't beyond made up to meet and hear their story.
They don't look right from what I can gather. Utter disgrace.

Went in there a couple of times a few years ago, no problems although the last time i was in there i suspected the fella next to me at the bar had let off a horrific fart.
He always waits for me at the bar and then let's rip.
A real eye watering choker.
That's the worst that's happened to me whilst I've been in there.
I'm only a match going customer and a lot of whats been said hascpassed me by.
Sad to hear.

As much as I'd enjoy a John Cena-style apology from those responsible, this won't go anywhere.

The kitchen sinks are barely above the Wuthering Heights in the Barclays Race Sensitivity table.

Whilst the narrative is of course unsavoury, its important not to create a moral panic and give ammunition to the wider media to paint our fans in general in a poor light.

I imagine a good majority of our fans and those from other more "local" supported clubs have at one stage referenced Anfield, Old Trafford etc. being filled with "day trippers" which will often be based predominantly on the phsyical appearance / dialect of those in and around the ground.

It is wrong to assume the fan in the picture isn't local, it is however unfortunately something that isn't specific to the Brick or our fanbase - I have witnessed plenty of fans from numerous clubs make reference to the rows of chinese / asian fans sat in the front rows of grounds like Anfield, Emirates, Old Trafford etc.

The unfortunate reality is that US owners are buying up PL clubs because the league is going down the road of Americanised "franchises". The local fans have to accept that before long you wont be getting a ticket unless you're wealthy. I assume season tickets will slowly become a thing of the past.

Another reason why I care little if we go down as top flight football in this country just isn't the same as it once was.

You've completely missed the point my friend, you're offended because the tweet is aimed at one of our "own".

I doubt you've ever questioned when the majority of fans call Liverpool supporters "Norwegians" or call Utd fans with half and half scarfs speaking with a Dublin accent "day trippers". Whats the difference ?

If you wish to bring hell down on the author of the tweet you yourself must ensure you're a purist otherwise you come across somewhat as lacking integrity even if your critique is valid.

The biggest problem that I can see is that someone has taken a picture of some innocent individual without their consent. Regardless of the unsavoury tone of the tweet, its completely unacceptable and a "snide" thing to do.
Wtaf is wrong with you?

Status
Not open for further replies.