Do Everton play better without the fans there?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A Million times this, ffs, last season we had Schneiderlin and Davies, now we have Allan and James. Blaming fans is weak Alan Stubbs type nonsense for the players being crap, this Everton are a different beast. A beautiful beast though.
But what is the effect of having fans present - neutral, positive or negative?

Must be nice going in to a match knowing if you give away a corner some fella isn't going to push his way to the front and start trying to throw his kid at you Lyon style.

I know it's been discussed on here to death already.

Look at Michael Keane, Seamus Coleman, Sigurdsson and DCL. Probably the players at the end of fans wrath pre lockdown, they look like different players and that was before the three amìgoes came in.

Coincidence????

If Tom Davies suddenly turns into Pirlo then fans can stay away until Bramley Moor Dock haha

I know it's been discussed on here to death already.

Look at Michael Keane, Seamus Coleman, Sigurdsson and DCL. Probably the players at the end of fans wrath pre lockdown, they look like different players and that was before the three amìgoes came in.

Coincidence????

If Tom Davies suddenly turns into Pirlo then fans can stay away until Bramley Moor Dock haha
Michael Keanes problems have largely been confidence - anxiety related

Presumably some players are more sensitive to the input they get from fans - positive or negative

Playing well and putting in 100%, there is no better place to be for a player.
anything less than 100%, we have a knowledgeable and honest set of fans who won't accept players not trying.

....fewer cup upsets suggest it’s easier to go to teams in lower leagues and dominate without home support. Visiting Palace also has to be an advantage with an empty Selhurst.

I do think a full Goodison would be better for this team.

If so, why?
Cause does not equal effect.

we play better without fans purely and simply because we have better players and a year further into the plans of a great manager at the same time as we happen to not have fans.

it’s Occam’s razor. If you have good players and a good manager you’ll have a good team, and a good team is more likely to play well than a less good team.

really that simple.

I hate to bring the RS in to it but look at the noise and the support they get on their European nights. It's no coincidence that the louder and more supportive crowds are there when the team put in their biggest performances. The start of this season could potentially have been similar at Goodison if we'd had fans in the ground. Admitedly our games have only been the likes of Salford, West Brom & West Ham but a win is a win and I'd like to think the fans would be 100% behind the team at the moment. We're even top of the music charts FFS!!

We've seen 4 great additions in this transfer window thanks to Carlo and it's resulted in 6 wins and a No9 that can actually bang the goals in. Goodison would have been rocking this month watching the much improved football and that's exactly how it should be.

It's the same at every football club across the country. If the team isn't playing well the fans get on their back but if the football is good and the team is winning then the fans can be the 12th man that keeps the momentum going and morale high.

But what is the effect of having fans present - neutral, positive or negative?

I think it stands to reason that it would be easier to relax without the fans there but any benefits are probably cancelled out by the fact that it's the same for the other team. I'd be interested to know if pass percentage or shots on target and similar stats are up (across the board) since the stadiums were emptied and if the standard of football has improved.
In recent years watching English/Everton football I have been constantly amazed by how poor the passing has been and always figured that fear of the crowd played a big part in that as the players are after all professional footballers who one would think, able to string a few passes together!

Status
Not open for further replies.