2019/20 Djibril Sidibe

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just don't think he can defend - that's why he charges around trying to press or nick the ball early all the time. Might get away with that at Man City or Liverpool, not so sure about Everton. Still a better option than Coleman at the moment though.

He’s doing OK Sidibe but I think he will get better, which is encouraging. He gets stuck in and can contribute in attack. Let’s face it, we aren’t in a great moment to be blooding foreigners into the premier league with so much pressure from the stands but this fella, all things considered, is performing half decent.

Superior technically and physically to Seamus, looks to have a great engine on him and has that aggression to his game that our fans always love. There’s stuff that needs ironing out no doubt but he’s nailed down that right back spot now.

I just don't think he can defend - that's why he charges around trying to press or nick the ball early all the time. Might get away with that at Man City or Liverpool, not so sure about Everton. Still a better option than Coleman at the moment though.

Digne is the same on the other side. Both players are aggressive going forward. His ball for Rico’s goal yesterday was great but you’re right, definitely a bit of a liability defensively. It’s perhaps why Marco is adamant he likes Delph or Schneids or whoever in the middle to tuck in and cover for them.

For us, we just needed a change from Coleman.

For all the slating Silva gets, the one thing he isn't afraid of doing is dropping the so called "Guaranteed" players. Keane, Sigurdsson, Coleman, Richarlison have all been dropped in recent time.

So for me Sidibe, provided he wasn't total guff, was going to be a breath of fresh air, because of how much Coleman has regressed. Turns out that he's actually been half decent, and he's adapting to the Prem quite well... that said, he was lucky yesterday, that the hand to the face was just outside the box... will be interested to see which direction we go at the end of the season with Kenny/Coleman and Sidibe.

Status
Not open for further replies.