2019/20 Djibril Sidibe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Leicester bought young replacements for players they knew would eventually get sold in early. Those players got some game time/loans then got allowed to make the step up and blossom in the first team.

This is exactly what we should be doing (it’s really not rocket science), signing Sidibe would just be so detrimental in the long run like we’ve seen with so many other players and I really hope his recent words are just him mouthing off and we don’t go through with it

I don't think we'll sign him permanently.

I feel like his card was marked when he wasn't available to be immediately substituted on to the pitch because his sock was in the changing room.

For Ancelotti coming to manage a squad with a recent history of unprofessional behaviour and lack of winning mentality, it's an easy decision not to sign an on loan player who hasn't overly impressed and the club has no requirement to make the deal permanent.

Doesn't make sense to me. We should be signing players who are capable of playing to that next level. It's clear he's not that player, solid sometimes but nothing better than what we have in a cooked Coleman or Kenny.

If we get him then we aren't going to buy another rb for a few years, we'll end up no better than we already are with this standard of signing. Bite the bullet and go big, if it misses than we're no worse off than we are with him.

I was really hopeful to sign him permanently... However, he is a liability on the defensive end and it is obvious watching. I understand his he puts work in but boy that right side is wide open especially when pairing with keane. Id just rather bring over JJK

Leicester bought young replacements for players they knew would eventually get sold in early. Those players got some game time/loans then got allowed to make the step up and blossom in the first team.

This is exactly what we should be doing (it’s really not rocket science), signing Sidibe would just be so detrimental in the long run like we’ve seen with so many other players and I really hope his recent words are just him mouthing off and we don’t go through with it

We have signed loads of young players. Like tons of them!

Leicester have recruited well for a while, won the league with half a dozen cast offs.
If you went through there team then and now, most of our fans would turn the nose up at the majority of there team.

We always buy young players, they just never get to the first team, been going on for years, we buy at least one Onyekuru/ Tanashaj every year, right back to the days of Dier/Mustafi.

Good against the poorer teams, where defending is not the priority.

Cant cope when the better teams put pressure on him.

Exactly the sort of player we should be looking to buy... if we dont want to break into the top 6.

Status
Not open for further replies.