Discussion & help on depression & mental health related issues

I never give up mate. I am trying.

Mate, why don't you write to the CEO's of the 100 biggest companies in the North West of England, telling them your story which is inspiring. Tell them your story, tell them you want to bring your family to England but you need employment to do so.

I'm sure your story will resonate with some of the CEO's and will get you in through the front door - after that it's up to you to persuade them you can do a job for them.

You've a unique story - it will impress someone enough to give you the opportunity.

Have a look here:

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co...s/who-north-wests-biggest-businesses-10319352

My sickness basically robbed me of a decade of my life. I never want to return to that place but it seems no matte what I do to some people be it friend or family they will only ever see that version of me.

Its got to the point where I'm at a crossroads. I either accept or get rid. It may seem polarized but I've tried showing them explaining it with them. And I realise if it takes that much work maybe a clean break is what's needed.

One thing Is for sure I will take measures to prevent a return to that mental state.

It does feel good to get it off your chest. Working away sitting in a hotel room gets you thinking and being removed from a situation dramatically changes your perception of it. I now realise that alot of the people who were hangin around back then were doing it for selfish reasons as now I've changed up they've disappeared while the ones I thought were having a go were actually trying to help.

So basically what I'm saying to anyone in the midst of that terrible situation is first it does get better even if you cant see a way out at the minute it really does.
Also your perception is altered by your mindset so someone you might think is having a go might actually just be giving you a dose of reality which you need but not necessarily want.

Often if only when your removed from a situation that you see it for what it is

After years of depression and failed relationships partly due to this I said enough was enough last week, I made an appointment to see my doctor and now 7 days into SSRI's too early to tell but think they are helping.

Ive also bought a dawn simulator alarm clock which wakes me up in the mornings through the light which tricks your retina into thinking its daylight and gets brighter and brighter, gently waking you up, its brilliant !!

After years of depression and failed relationships partly due to this I said enough was enough last week, I made an appointment to see my doctor and now 7 days into SSRI's too early to tell but think they are helping.

Ive also bought a dawn simulator alarm clock which wakes me up in the mornings through the light which tricks your retina into thinking its daylight and gets brighter and brighter, gently waking you up, its brilliant !!
Regardless of the cause of your problem, well done for seeking help.

It sounds like you have a positive attitude toward this so I'm sure you'll be fine. Best of luck.

I'd also recommend a decent sleep mask too mate. Tricks your brain into thinking it's still dark and keeps you asleep longer. Don't know how it would work with the dawn stimulator alarm clock though !

Ps - SSRI's normally take 2 - 3 wks before they're working properly. They're a bit hit and miss, some work for some and not for others. Make sure you keep in regular contact with your GP as you may find that they will need tweaking.

;)

I'd also recommend a decent sleep mask too mate. Tricks your brain into thinking it's still dark and keeps you asleep longer. Don't know how it would work with the dawn stimulator alarm clock though !

Ps - SSRI's normally take 2 - 3 wks before they're working properly. They're a bit hit and miss, some work for some and not for others. Make sure you keep in regular contact with your GP as you may find that they will need tweaking.

;)

I have used a mask before but dont sleep well with one, the Darth Vader helmet kept giving me a crick neck.
The dawn simulator works by stimulating your retina's even through your eyelids.

Honestly one of my best friends made me, he saw that I wasn't myself. Noticed it more and more. He forced me to go and talk after getting me to open up.

Thanks mate, I hope this is the beginning of a better time for you. Great that you have such a friend - thanks for telling us as readers of this thread really benefit from hearing others and their stories.

If we can help here in any way just shout out. Good luck regardless.