Disappointed with my little boys 1st Wembley experience

Status
Not open for further replies.

blueboysjjandarchiesdad

Player Valuation: Free Transfer
So here goes! From the title I'm sure most will be expecting to read another moan about losing the semi final on Saturday, unfortunately not. For those of us old enough to remember, we all know how tough it has been to be an Evertonian over the last 25 years. However, the one thing we've always had, is, well each other! We stand in the freezing cold, mid winter snow, to watch another 0-0 draw against mediocre opposition and then have a pint in the Glebe, or county (or whichever hostelry you frequent), we put the world to rights, and all is well again until next week.
Unfortunately on Saturday all of that changed. Excited by the prospect of taking my 9 year old for his 1st experience of Wembley to watch the mighty blues, having brainwashed/educated him into the blues extended family (as my dad did with me and his father before him) we got there early to avoid any uncomfortable crush or confrontation etc. Sadly not only the result, but the nature of the loss was heart breaking for us all, and my little boy even shed a little tear, but! we'd been to Wembley with 40,000 mates and had a great day. Until, walking down the steps, unbelievably Evertonian turned on Evertonian! Not in a bit of verbal banter, but physically. My sons face dropped and the fear was instant, so I ushered him away and out onto the main concourse where tension was still apparent but in check. We were then detained at one of the 'Stop, go' signs on Wembley way (presumably designed to prevent a crush at the station), so we duly waited. Only to be bowled over by some 6ft 4 growling Everton fan and his mates demanding to get to the front. When I pointed out that there was no point pushing that they weren't letting anyone through yet, I was then met by a tirade of abuse, whilst my little boy could do nothing but stand and watch terrified. When I pointed out to the guy that I was simply looking after my lad, who he had just pushed over he looked down at my son (the next generation of fans) threw several more abusive words at us before turning his back, and attention to the stewards.
I'm sorry that this is a little long, but my point is, that Saturday was painful, but we in the blue family don't behave that way! And when I asked my little boy how he'd enjoyed the day his comments we're that he didn't like it when the men we're fighting and when the man was swearing at us, that's now his enduring memory of his 1st trip to Wembley. If anyone reading was one of those guys, I just hope that you have the humility to at least regret your behaviour. I'm all for a bit of banter and accept that they will probably learn words on the terrace they may never hear anywhere else, but it stays on the terrace and I will continue to brainwash/educate my 2 little boys that we are a family and that Everton is where they should be, not glory hunting the so called big boys. Sorry for the rant, thanks for listening.

Sorry to hear this mate.

Unfortunately the prevalence of coke now leaves far too many on edge - I was at the Palace away and it was the total opposite, couldn't believe how tame and subdued it all was.

Hopefully your lad can get another Wembley experience next year that wipes the memory of this one.

Sorry to hear this mate.

Unfortunately the prevalence of coke now leaves far too many on edge - I was at the Palace away and it was the total opposite, couldn't believe how tame and subdued it all was.

Hopefully your lad can get another Wembley experience next year that wipes the memory of this one.
Very true, thanks.

There was some lairy Mancs in that Stop go thing as well. Lead to some scuffling going up the steps and a Blue got singled out and nicked.

A young lad got banjoed just outside the fanzone early on as well.

I don't think the late KO helped, as the drinking time was plentiful.

Sorry your lad had to see us getting beaten and witness that on his first visit though mate.

Very disappointing reading that, very disappointing indeed.
As the OP said, one can but hope that the growler has realised what offence and hurt he caused with a verbal tirade aimed in the direction of a youngster.

I had a young lad sat right in front of me during the game and at one point when I was incensed over something and couldn't hold back from it, at least I put my hands over his ears to try and muffle out my bad language.

I tapped his father on the shoulder to apologise, even though there had not been one iota of reaction from him and the lad told me, 'thanks, it's okay, my Dad is deaf.'

Chances are mate they weren't even blues, go to one or two games a season for a session, more than likely got a ticket trough friends and took the opportunity to have a coked up day at Wembley.

We will get to wembley in the near future and i'm sure you lad will have a time to remember.

Status
Not open for further replies.