Would you like Costa?

• Yes!

Votes: 561 84.1%
  • Noooo!

Votes: 106 15.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm normally a positive and upbeat guy - I give every player their chance at Everton and even when I think its a bat-s**t-crazy signing, I think the manager must see something in them that I don't, so I'll give them a chance.

But Costa.... No NO NOOOO NOOOOOOO!!!!!!

He is obviously talented, obviously strong, obviously snide on the pitch - all positives. But he is a dummy spitting prat and has been wherever he has played. Exactly the type of character we do not want in the dressing room even if he came out of choice - especially with so much youth breaking in who currently surrounded by role models in a professional sense.

But he isn't even coming here out of choice - he is coming to keep his weight down for a few months. Sure he might make an effort in the first couple of matches (if he even gets fit that fast) but he is not gonna bust a gut, risk an injury or stand up for us when times are tough on the pitch. He will be a passenger who might get the odd goal and be gone again in a few months.

P.S. Feel free to vault me in the ass if he puts three past the shoite

Or it's juat a short term deal for a proven quality player who can massively contribute during the limeted time he'll be here. That's not desperation, desperation would mean bringing in and massively overpaying for a substandard player.
Can he massively contribute though mate he is nowhere the fitness levels he should be,as I have said it will take him a while to get match fit and he is a sending off waiting to happen and don't think it's where we should be looking, not a 4 month loan deal to benefit Athletico.

Can he massively contribute though mate he is nowhere the fitness levels he should be,as I have said it will take him a while to get match fit and he is a sending off waiting to happen and don't think it's where we should be looking, not a 4 month loan deal to benefit Athletico.
I think so mate, I think he's got the skill and ability to contribute well for us while here and once it's over nothing has really been lost. I don't see him acting like a prat for the simple reason that he would gain nothing by doing so. It's a gamble but one with very low stakes for us and possibility of a decent return. If it doesn't work out then so be it, we've hardly lost anything but having a player with that much proven ability here even for a short time can only be a good thing imo.

I'm normally a positive and upbeat guy - I give every player their chance at Everton and even when I think its a bat-s**t-crazy signing, I think the manager must see something in them that I don't, so I'll give them a chance.

But Costa.... No NO NOOOO NOOOOOOO!!!!!!

He is obviously talented, obviously strong, obviously snide on the pitch - all positives. But he is a dummy spitting prat and has been wherever he has played. Exactly the type of character we do not want in the dressing room even if he came out of choice - especially with so much youth breaking in who currently surrounded by role models in a professional sense.

But he isn't even coming here out of choice - he is coming to keep his weight down for a few months. Sure he might make an effort in the first couple of matches (if he even gets fit that fast) but he is not gonna bust a gut, risk an injury or stand up for us when times are tough on the pitch. He will be a passenger who might get the odd goal and be gone again in a few months.

P.S. Feel free to vault me in the ass if he puts three past the shoite
We will mate, we will.

Still no reputable source reporting this tosh. If this desperate move actually happens, Walsh should be sacked on the spot for failing to bring in a viable signing in the timespan he has had. Embarrassing if true.

I'd be absolutely amazed if Costa comes to us (4 month loan or otherwise). Just don't see it happening. And if he's Atletico bound in January, its a non-starter anyway. He's not fit, and wouldn't be giving 100% to us either. He'd just tick over until he got his real move in January. Should be closed this thread.

I don't believe, for one second this is going to happen but I’m going to play along.

The Positives - Costa would absolutely improve our team. He is an elite level striker like Lukaku, Morata etc. and he'd make us a genuine threat to the teams above us. He would suit Koemans high pressing style, he’d score goals and, like Rooney, he’d be a statement.

The Negatives – The man is a liability on and off the pitch and in a small squad where team spirit is so vital it only takes one bag egg. He wants to play in Spain so any move would be temporary. He’s had no pre-season as he’s been on his jollies in Brazil so he wouldn’t be match fit till late Sept at best. Assuming the loan is only till January that gives us 3 months and then in January we are right back to where we started searching for a striker. I also question whether he’d give anything close to 100% commitment to us knowing full well he’s just killing time until he can sign for Atlético.

Obviously I’m not saying I don’t want Costa at Everton, I’d love us to sign him but a loan deal is so short sighted and given we are constantly being told about our long term desire is to reach the CL and challenge for titles I don’t get what 3-4 months will ultimately get us. No one wins things in January (unless you’re the RS in which case they are normally champions by then).

He isn't going to even consider us :lol:

This is like when some blues were convinced Mourinho was coming here and ended up at Utd.

Status
Not open for further replies.