Derby day injustice

Status
Not open for further replies.

StreetEndBlue

Player Valuation: £10m
It's been most amusing to see and hear the fume coming from over there over us probably getting the rub of the green over decisions yesterday. Toys thrown out the pram in all directions. Their incessant squealing has been music to my ears...I hope they keep it coming!

They've had a rare taste of the medicine we've had for decades in derbys and they don't like it. In my time as a supporter (83/84 onwards) we've been on the receiving end of lots of absolute shockers in that time.

1) 1984 Milk Cup final. Alan Hansen handball. No penalty given.
2) 1986 Anfield derby. Kevin Richardson would've had an open goal to tap into but dragged back by Mark Lawrenson . No penalty given.
3) 1986 FA Cup final. Graeme Sharp has a free header not far out and Steve Nicol comes in from the side and chops him. Again no penalty.
4) 1988 Anfield. Wayne Clarke has a perfectly good goal ruled out. It would've been the winner too.
5) 1989 Goodison. Tony Cottee gets taken out. No penalty given.
6) 1991 Anfield. Gary Ablett absolutely smashes Pat Nevin in a FA Cup tie. No penalty given.
7) 1999 Anfield. We're 3-2 down in stoppage time and Danny Cadamarteri gets pulled back so much after rounding their keeper his shirt was ripped. No penalty given.
8) 2000 Goodison. Graham Poll lies live on Sky saying he blew up before Don Huchison's stoppage time winner crossed the line. (tv pictures proved him a liar).
9) 2001 Goodison. McAllister's winner came from a free kick given after the ball was cleanly won, then took 10 yards further from were the incident actually occurred.
10) 2002 Anfield. Anelka gets a late equalizer against us with an offside goal.
11) 2002 Anfield. Steven Gerrard escapes a red card for a horror tackle on Gary Naismith. He got a retrospective ban but that hardly helped us on the day.
12) 2007 Goodison. The infamous Clattenberg derby. Say no more.
13) 2013 Anfield. Sylvan Disitin has a winning goal ruled out by a non-existent foul.
14) 2019 Anfield. DCL dragged back when clean through inside the penalty area. Should've been a red card and a penalty. Neither given. Also Alexander-Arnold and that rat Robertson escaped possible sending offs.

Now these are all off the top of my head I'm sure there's been more. So why we maybe got a bit of luck yesterday, it's fair to say we've not had too much of it over the years against that shower.

Last edited:
74431BF6-A832-4C5F-AAF2-E14669CEBED8.png

It's been most amusing to see and hear the fume coming from over there over us probably getting the rub of the green over decisions yesterday. Their incessant squealing has been music to my ears. Toys thrown out the pram...I hope they keep it coming!

They've had a rare taste of the medicine we've had for decades in derbys and they don't like it. In my time as a supporter (83/84 onwards) we've been on the receiving end of lots of absolute shockers in that time.

2) 1986 Anfield derby. Kevin Richardson would've had an open goal to tap into but dragged back by Mark Lawrenson . No penalty given.
3) 1986 FA Cup final. Graeme Sharp has a free header not far out and Steve Nicol comes in from the side and chops him. Again no penalty.
4) 1988 Anfield. Wayne Clarke has a perfectly good goal ruled out. It would've been the winner too.
6) 1991 Anfield. Gary Ablett absolutely smashes Pat Nevin in a FA Cup tie. No penalty given.
7) 1999 Anfield. Danny Cadamarteri gets pulled back so much after rounding their keeper his shirt was ripped. No penalty given.
8) 2000 Goodison. Graham Poll lies live on Sky saying he blew up before Don Huchison's stoppage time winner crossed the line. (tv pictures proved him a liar).
9) 2001 Goodison. McAllister's winner came from a free kick given after the ball was cleanly won, then took 10 yards further from were the incident actually occurred.
11) 2002 Anfield. Steven Gerrard escapes a red card for a horror tackle on Gary Naismith. He got a retrospective ban but that hardly helped us on the day.
13) 2013 Anfield. Sylvan Disitin has a winning goal ruled out by a non-existent foul.
14) 2019 Anfield. DCL dragged back when clean through inside the penalty area. Should've been a red card and a penalty. Neither given. Also Alexander-Arnold and that rat Robertson escaped possible sending offs.

Now these are all off the top of my head I'm sure there's been more. So why we maybe got a bit of luck yesterday, it's fair to say we've not had too much of it over the years against that shower.
Rodwell sending off that never was, or was that the Clattenberg derby, crap with dates me.

It's been most amusing to see and hear the fume coming from over there over us probably getting the rub of the green over decisions yesterday. Toys thrown out the pram in all directions. Their incessant squealing has been music to my ears...I hope they keep it coming!

7) 1999 Anfield. We're 3-2 down in stoppage time and Danny Cadamarteri gets pulled back so much after rounding their keeper his shirt was ripped. No penalty given.

Erm Clive Thomas

I can't say I will lose too much sleep
Van Dyke out for season now confirmed. Long overdue levelling of the ‘luck’ lottery for that lot. They have had it their own way so long their heads will collectively fall off at yesterday’s collection of events.
Yawwn. Can't say I will lose too much sleep over this. Hope the lad recovers unlike poor Geoff Nulty when s""" house Case went through his knee

Maybe it's about time that they had a derby named after a referee; we have plenty!

2011 - Kuyt dives over Tim Howard with the score at 2-1 to us, gets and scores the resulting pen to nick a draw

Status
Not open for further replies.