denis celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suspect he knows he's been given a big chance and is desperate to take it. Judging by Steve Rounds comments, he works hard and has the desire to do well. Can't fault him for it and for that alone I want him to do well. Especially when it is hard work he puts in for us.

this. quite rarely we see straight up pure burst of dedication

amazing that guy. he just showed us what football is and should be, in emotional level especially.

Best performance in a blue shirt tonight. Not just the goal, but his all-round play was intelligent and well worked. Hopefully that boosts his confidence sky high and he can crack on from here.

His celebration was uncannily like the kind of celebration any Evertonian would do if they got five minutes of wearing the famous shirt and then somehow managed to bag a goal.

It was unrehearsed joy and raw emotion.

I agree entirely - you could see how much it meant to him....

Can you imagine what it must be like to score a goal for Everton? God knows I have dreamt about it since I was 5/6 years old

Oh to have slotted one in at the far post in front of the Gladys Street.........................still dream about it lol

Can you imagine what it must be like to score a goal for Everton? God knows I have dreamt about it since I was 5/6 years old

Oh to have slotted one in at the far post in front of the Gladys Street.........................still dream about it lol

The etymology of a screen name... *cough*

i think the guys ok no brill but as others have said , hes got heart and every time ive seen him he has at least tried unlike a certain high earner who was on the bench tonight, he just needs game time in my opinion 5 mins here and there havent been much good to ,to be honest people are still judging him on the carling cup game
he started steve roud has said he has taken time to settle lets give him a chance lads (and hope moysey does to)
i hope for one he does well for us , tonight summed it up for me what he thinks of wearing the shirt and scoring for us well done denis.

I love how much it means to him, that's how I would react if I scored for everton the first time !!

But really made up for him yes he's a bit gash but give his all and can't ask for more

It was great to see such raw emotion. He's not the finished article by any stretch of the imagination, but he plays with his heart and wants to win. If some of the more talented strikers had the same ethic we would be in a better position.

You'll get your chance Esk. Can you play up front?

In fairness, Royston Drenthe put one into the Upper Gwladys the other week from the same distance as him, so everyone appears to be equally terrible at long rangers.

I can't help but like the man. I know that he's not everyone's favourite, and that he's no Messi or Ronaldo, but christ the lad has effort. And if you ask me, that goal has been coming.

He was good tonight, really good.

People on here scream for effort and passion when the chips are down, regardless of skill i've always seen 100% from Denis; that combined with an overall improvement in his play can only mean good things.

...Pity I was in the bog when he scored, get in Stracqua-man!!

Status
Not open for further replies.