2023/24 Demarai Gray

Status
Not open for further replies.
Played with Jamaica this week I see, and scored the only goal of the match. Yet he supposedly wasn't match fit for dyche. I guess we will never find out really what happened between them 2, but one thing is for sure is that the club is not better or stronger because of it. If anything it has left us badly exposed with a paper thin squad and a lot of pressure on players like harrison to perform...left us with no marging of error.

Played with Jamaica this week I see, and scored the only goal of the match. Yet he supposedly wasn't match fit for dyche. I guess we will never find out really what happened between them 2, but one thing is for sure is that the club is not better or stronger because of it. If anything it has left us badly exposed with a paper thin squad and a lot of pressure on players like harrison to perform...left us with no marging of error.
I get it, its a gamble, but players like Gray, Iwobi and Maupay, even if they contributed, their contribution wasnt enough to prevent 2 very close relegation battles, so surely we are better off without them?

Watch this space.

I wonder what he's thinking now ?. Has any regrets on how things have worked out for him ?,playing in a substandard league with little exposure.
Nowhere near this squad imo, though he would never had conceded that .
His time here really does signify just how bad things were that we played him CF in must win games.

I wonder what he's thinking now ?. Has any regrets on how things have worked out for him ?,playing in a substandard league with little exposure.
His time here really does signify just how bad things were that we played him CF in must win games.
A little disappointed to see him go - how wrong I was. I think I was conned by the cross for the winner against Palace in 21/22 and the goal against Man City away. He wouldn’t get near the team at the moment.

I have no problem with him to be honest

Could have been an option off the bench possibly if he'd stayed, but we're not really missing him either

Him going should theoretically open the door for a Dobbin to get some minutes, although Dyche hasn't been into Dobbin since the Donnie game

tbf, Dyche doesn't make any changes unless your nearly dead so I'm not surprised Dobbin hasn't been given a sniff.

One thing i do like about Dyche, and i can see a bit of Moyes in him, is given the choice he will weed out those with the wrong mentality. Im delighted Gray and iwobi are no longer here. I thought dyche could have used Gray a few times off the bench more but thats just splitting hairs. Both players imo are not players you want in the trenches with you when you're fighting hard. Also why i dont see danjuma being here any longer than his loan spell.

One thing i do like about Dyche, and i can see a bit of Moyes in him, is given the choice he will weed out those with the wrong mentality. Im delighted Gray and iwobi are no longer here. I thought dyche could have used Gray a few times off the bench more but thats just splitting hairs. Both players imo are not players you want in the trenches with you when you're fighting hard. Also why i dont see danjuma being here any longer than his loan spell.
In that BBC podcast series recently there was a small interview segment where they both came across as players who do not thrive under pressure at all, in fact seemed pretty freaked about by the pressure and expectations that the back to back relegation battles were having on them

Status
Not open for further replies.