2022/23 Demarai Gray

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been said to death but if he was half as good as he thought he was he’d be in the conversation for the Ballon d’Or. I actually have started to really dislike him too because it’s one thing to be crap, it’s another to be crap and think you’re unreal.

For example I don’t want to pile on players but I think Myko is generally a bad footballer who does some decent defending. I like him though because you can tell he’s not trying to act like he’s god’s gift to football every time he steps foot on the pitch.

If I were a manager I’d be pulling Gordon aside and showing him Gray, a massively highly rated young player who turned into a player who was sold for £1.5m in his early 20s in an era where wingers with literally anything about them go for at least 10x that. I say Gordon specifically becuase I think they’re both the exact same player, same flaws and same lack of noticeably quality and consistency.

In fact if I were any manager in the league I’d be using Gray as an example to young players as what you can become if you start to believe your own hype.
The Everton version of Theo Walcott was genuinely better and he walks around thinking he's peak Messi

uks-unbreakable.gif

He’s absolutely crap but he has been for an entire year now and we did nothing about it in the summer.
This but the really crazy thing is he’s just done an interview saying he wanted to leave in the summer and had to be convinced to stay. Why are we trying to convince a player like Gray, who wants to go, to stay? Insane.

He’s a large part of the problem. The wings are so poor it’s hard to fathom.

He can’t take a man on.

He slows everything down to a snails pace. Which is hilarious for some one so quick.

He can’t bring into play or link with Myko or any one for that matter.

He thinks he’s boss, he’s pure pap.

Wow I did not see this. Can you link it up
Was in the athletic - think someone posted a link earlier in this thread. Relevant but below:

“They eventually survived with one game to spare, Gray laying on a fine assist for Dominic Calvert-Lewin in the final stages to seal a 3-2 victory over Crystal Palace that prompted joyous scenes.

Gray terms it a “beautiful struggle”, which led him to wonder if he should stay — at the risk of sampling that strife again — but ultimately created a realisation that Everton are “perfect” for him.

A summer heart-to-heart with Lampard’s assistant, Joe Edwards, did a lot for Gray’s perspective and the arrival of eight recruits drastically improved matters on the field and in the dressing room.”

Status
Not open for further replies.