Confirmed Signing Demarai Gray

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think everyone knows he’s talented. He impressed everyone with his early Leicester displays. But Leicester had a LONG time to look at him and decided he was inconsistent with a poor end product and attitude.

I won’t be declaring him a great signing just yet. An interesting wildcard though no doubt.
I'm on this. Ill give him the full season to see what he can offer. Over all I'm content due to the fee and he definitely has pace and will go forward. So the 1.5 mill does it for me.

Agreed Walcott looked brilliant for Southampton early days just think you have to give them a few games before making statements like they are trash players etc.

Don't think many people have said that he will definitely be awful. Most people have said that he is a gamble and that's fair, because he probably is.

He offers something a bit different but let's not get ahead of ourselves before a competitive match has taken place.

He'll be useful. Clever signing. Might not be fantastic but he's always going to be a generally OK impact sub at worst.

TBF I think we've got to play him from the start, for at least the first 10-15 games - give him the opportunity to prove himself and build a relationship with DCL and Richy. If everything goes well they should compliment each other quite nicely and present a lot of threat.

Putting him in the same situation he was at Leicester is probably going to result in the same outcome.

Think he will be a good off the bench option. If he’s any more than that then it will be deemed excellent business.
Either way, willing to consider he will contribute more than Bernard would have.
So whether or not he is an upgrade for Bernard is very much down to what he produces, so let’s wait and see eh?

Let’s hope he’s great but reading the Leicester head patters who posted here if they were really a decent performance would be expected . I was pleasantly surprised but I’d like to give it a few actual games before I got too excited . Feels like that’s a reasonable stance .

Status
Not open for further replies.