Confirmed Signing Demarai Gray

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are will building the whole squad around DCL because it seems every player we’re after is to just feed him crosses. I mean he’s massively improved but he’s certainly not someone you rely on to take chances when they come especially with his feet.
Desperately need another striker

Well, yes quite.

But from an attacking perspective, I want Doucoure doing what he did for his what, 3 or 4 goals for us this season (which is more than the combined 0 that our other central midfielders managed!).

Running off the ball as the third man and getting into the box. That's where he can do damage for us.

He also showed that he can be a good ball carrier on the break. What he shouldn't be doing is receiving the ball in the right-back position and trying to pick a pass. But that happened loads last season and, again, that was on Carlo.
He's an average at best ball carrier and if doesn't make up for the other stuff enough for me.

Depends on levels. Ngolo Kante is at his best off the ball too but he’s world class. In my opinion Doucoure offers a lot by putting the opposition under pressure and chasing players down, he’s powerful and can drive forward but he’s just not that good a footballer. Allan on the other hand I think has it all, he’s just not been fully fit for most of the second half of the season.
Let's leave N'Golo as far away from this as possible.

He's an average at best ball carrier and if doesn't make up for the other stuff enough for me.
Yeah he is average at it from deep with lines to break through. But as a I said, that's not where you want him on the ball. You want him driving forward on the break (that chance he set up for DCL v Leeds instantly springs to mind) when it's just about his power to get away from recovering defences.

You don't want him picking the ball up at right-back.

Then, off the ball, I want to see him making 4-5 runs a game into the penalty area to support DCL and Richarlison (or whoever is up top).

That's the best of his game from an attacking perspective, so use it.

That means playing him up front with Dom(which we have seen doesn't really work) or on his own (Why? Dom scores goals and Richarlison is looking out the door so why replace DCL in the XI with him?).
I think he and DCL up front together can work still

Yeah he is average at it from deep with lines to break through. But as a I said, that's not where you want him on the ball. You want him driving forward on the break (that chance he set up for DCL v Leeds instantly springs to mind) when it's just about his power to get away from recovering defences.

You don't want him picking the ball up at right-back.

Then, off the ball, I want to see him making 4-5 runs a game into the penalty area to support DCL and Richarlison (or whoever is up top).

That's the best of his game from an attacking perspective, so use it.
It's a pretty flimsy set of abilities from a midfielder you're going to want to start most weeks.

It's why benitez got the job.

Not sure I get this. The man has demanded funds in every job he has had, and walked out on clubs when he has not received money. I don't think he would have taken this job without promises of funds

Status
Not open for further replies.