2023/24 Dele

The horse has had such a long and continuous beating that it's merely a pile of broken bones at this stage.

What do you think Branthwaite will go for, by the way? Let's be honest, he's not staying here beyond the season's end.
I imagine he'd go for whatever someone is willing to pay for him, but I don't see any relevance to anything I posted.
A player who has played very well for the majority of his time here against a player who has hardly played for us.
Dele in his prime would walk into any Everton side of the past 10 or more years. However his prime looks to be far into the past.
Nobody should have to go through what he has, and I hope he finds some sort of peace and that we support him as best as we can.
That said, on purely footballing terms he shouldn't be offered a new contract.

It's bad enough that Tottenham managed to get us to pay up the rest of his contract. They knew what they were doing.

If anybody should be offering him a pity deal, it's them.

You have to wonder if clubs round Europe have Everton on a special speed dial since about 2014, Club accountants desperately trying to balance the books, then the Special dialling tone rings and they all hug and breathe a great sigh of relief as we offer well over the odds for some garbage they otherwise cant get rid of