2023/24 Dele

Just speculation: First of all, I've always rated him. There may be a really good footballer there, ready and willing to run through a brick wall for Everton. With a relatively low weekly cost. The things this guys has probs gone through with/inside his head & the club backing him up while doing so... Everton may have a true Lazarus-story in their hands. Let it happen please.

I read that Spurs had written into the deal that if no clauses were paid but we extended or oddered him a new contract that we would then have to pay a fee. I don't know what the fee is though. Another case of Daniel Levy fisting us. Why can't we have a CEO as ruthless as him.
That could not happen, you cannot put down conditions on a contract that has expired and why would we agree to it anyway, everybody knew Spurs just wanted rid of Dele.

Not for me been out for a year or whatever without playing and only starting to get back into fitness. Respect him coming out with his problems and hope that he can get back to playing football. But is not a deal we ahould be looking at

Unfortunately Spurs are entitled to insert a clause in the deal meaning we owe them more money if he signs a new deal with us (Man City did it to us with Gareth Barry) and the Athletic have reported that this is exactly what Spurs have done and pay as you play deals aren't allowed in the UK because of the PFA
I thought you can pay a very basic salary heavily incentivised by performance ?