2022/23 Dele Alli

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really don't understand this to happen so soon after his arrival, unless Lampard didn't actually choose him. Was it a Kenwright / DBB / someone else decision, and Lampard just accepted it ? Last season he was a sub made sense, but now after 6 months and a pre-season, he either has to be unfit still, or it's not Lampard's choice

I really don't understand this to happen so soon after his arrival, unless Lampard didn't actually choose him. Was it a Kenwright / DBB / someone else decision, and Lampard just accepted it ? Last season he was a sub made sense, but now after 6 months and a pre-season, he either has to be unfit still, or it's not Lampard's choice
Or it's just not working out?

Still dont see him accepting a deal to move to Turkey personally.

Only if we cover the difference in wages. Even if still have to pay the bulk of them, getting him gone for at least a year saves us having to pay that £10m in several weeks. I'm not sure how it's structured for us to have to remain the remaining £30m but the scenario that would need to come about for that will not happen.

Let’s have it right, he would of played more if the problem wasn’t for every 20 games he plays we pay Spurs 10m. Whoever actually sounded that deal out needs shooting. Basically it meant he could never start nor have a good run in the team. From what I saw of him I actually liked. The chasing and cross for Richy’s equaliser against Leicester. The block for Dom’s header vs Palace. I think he showed heart and fight but he wasn’t never given a proper chance due to the stupid deal. The deal should of been something in our favour like:

After 50 games we pay 10m
If we win the FA cup and he’s in the squad we pay 10m
Etc etc etc

Stupid deal.

It's not a stupid deal if we let him go, like we are doing now.

He was a gamble. A gamble that was worth looking at. We structured the deal in a way that meant we were essentially giving him an extended trial, whilst also having someone that COULD be a difference maker in a relegation battle. In the end we've decided that he's not worth keeping and we've only spent money on his wages during his time with us. In the end he only had one game where he was a difference maker. But what a game that was.

I'll give it to you, that it's one of the stranger deals I've ever seen in football. But we've done and are doing the right thing in moving him on before we pay any more money for him.

The deal you are suggesting is not something Spurs would have gone for. They were probably hoping he was slightly better for us that we kept paying them and we ended paying silly money for him. And that's why they agreed to the deal being structured the way it was.

Or it's just not working out?

Yeah but if you count out last season, because he was either not quite match fit or not the right fit for a relegation scrap, it's really soon to decide that it's not working out. I thought we'd give it a year.

the deal was done long before lampard joined.
think they both joined on same day and it takes us about 6 months to get a transfer completed

Status
Not open for further replies.