2022/23 Dele Alli

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let’s help him get back on the football track first , then the hard decisions have to be made. As well as the £10 mill fee there’s the fact that he only has a year left on his contract. In a hard world we’re not going to give him game time that triggers the £10 mill then have him leave at the end of the season . If it works out for Dele as we all hope then a £10 mill fee over a future say 3 year contract will be well worth while. I’m not clear what the add ons are though.

If Dyche plays him reckon he has earnt it by putting in the hard graft. Dyche does not strike me big on sentiment when it comes to playing in the match day squad.

Hence why I mentioned that if it's financial, they'll all understand that and he'll go. It'll be out of Dyche' hands.

If the club are fine for Dele to stay, based on that interview he looks like he wants to go out and prove people wrong. Dyche will be all over that and I think get it out of him.

He's got 12 months left. Someone has to make a decision to bite the bullet and go "Yeah, we could have one of the best midfielders in the league for 12 months for this amount...or we cut losses and put those resources elsewhere. Let's do this

Eh? I guess from that comment that you haven’t actually watched the interval. Watch it, listen to what he says about the professional help he has received , where he‘s been and where he believes he is now, then make up your mind.
Yes, I did. He's still going to need plenty more help.

If he learns to deal with the personal issues in his life then maybe he can get his football career back on track.

I don't think anybody doubts that he has the ability of a top top footballer.

If we leave the personal side and just look at the business of football , Spurs have a shot at earning 40m from the sale of this player or nothing at all.
It will cost them nothing to reconfigure the deal to let the player try to get his career back on track, as they are not going to get any money under the current arrangement as we can't afford to take the risk.

Even if the player was allowed to play an additional ten games before triggering the first ten million it would mean Everton could afford to use him as a longer term team player.
If he is playing close to his ability then 10m is a steal and the additional payments will all be value for money.

Sean Dyche seems to me to be a very intelligent man and from previous stories seems to understand the problems face in their lives. The corner boy appearance and that rasping voice tend to colour the opinion of him.

He will be forming an opinion on Dele as he works with hm every day.
He will see him on the pitch and off it.
Dele was a notoriously bad trainer, he will see if that changes, he will see if the desire is genuinely there to resurrect his career and I believe if the manager really thinks the player wants to do the work to become a happier human being and a top professional again then I feel every move will be made to facilitate this.

Think we might be in a catch 22 situation. Sure he said he only has 12 months left on his contract, so even if he has a good season he can go for nothing next year. Play him, pay Spurs the money then he might go. Unfortunately, football (and the prem) is a cut throat business and his advisors will be looking for the best deal for them.

If he performs well then it maybe worth the £10m but I’d sure get him to sign an extension if it is going well before that 7th game.

At 70% of his capability he is easily our best player.
Hope we can get to that point.
Would love it if he could get back in form for us.
He says he’s in a better place, he’s got his hunger back, he admits Everton have been good to him, Especially in our position in this transfer window I can’t help wonder what if….
I just hope he gets his chance to prove himself!

Status
Not open for further replies.