Confirmed Signing Dele Alli

Status
Not open for further replies.
Notice they don't show a kit number. Imagine he wants 20 and someone just has to get around to telling useless Tosun to pick a new number. It'll be the second time this campaign he has forfeited his number. At least he set some sort of record in his time with us.
Not sure his number can be taken away in the middle of season as he came on as a sub against RS with the no 20 shirt on. Unless Tosun move away.

Personally I think Dele still has it, played well the few times I’ve seen him.

Interesting comments from Simon Jordan on Talksport about the deal. It’s almost a gamble from both sides, which does strike me as concerning. Tottenham would know exactly what’s wrong with Dele and happy to let him go for free or close to free $10-20m. But also wanted something from him if he did well. Sounds like they’re the ones getting the better end of the deal. Dele has to play better than 40m otherwise Everton lose out. Is he a 40m rated player? Not at the moment, he was before. If he plays like a 10m player both sides lost out.

Daniel Levy actually is a smart operator. And Farhad has only shown how to blow a 500m hole in his wallet.

Yes it can, we will need to deregister two players to register Ali and VdB anyways
Its 1 player mate.

We have 29 players, 3 are underage, that leaves us with 26.

Manager : Frank Lampard
Goalkeepers (3)
Jordan Pickford (HG)
Asmir Begović (HG)
Andy Lonergan (HG)
Right Backs (3)
Séamus Coleman
Jonjoe Kenny (HG)
Nathan Patterson (UA)
Left Backs (1)
Vitaliy Mykolenko
Centre Backs (5)
Yerry Mina
Michael Keane (HG)
Mason Holgate (HG)
Ben Godfrey (HG)
Jarrad Branthwaite (UA)
Midfield (8)
Allan
Donny van de Beek
Dele Alli (HG)
André Gomes
Abdoulaye Doucouré
Jean-Philippe Gbamin
Tom Davies (HG)
Fabian Delph (HG)
Wide Forwards (6)
Richarlison
Andros Townsend (HG)
Demarai Gray (HG)
Anwar El Ghazi
Anthony Gordon (UA)
Alex Iwobi (HG)
Strikers (3)
Dominic Calvert-Lewin (HG)
Salomón Rondón
Cenk Tosun
Total players: 29

Players purchased so far: 10
Begovic, Townsend, Gray, Lonergan, Rondon, Patterson, Myko, El Ghazi(loan), Beeky(loan). Alli
Players culled so far: 7
Bernard, Virginia(Loan), Kean(Loan), Nkounkou(Loan), James, Number 10, Digne
Non-HG players: 12
Homegrown players: 14
UnderAge players: 3

Interesting comments from Simon Jordan on Talksport about the deal. It’s almost a gamble from both sides, which does strike me as concerning. Tottenham would know exactly what’s wrong with Dele and happy to let him go for free or close to free $10-20m. But also wanted something from him if he did well. Sounds like they’re the ones getting the better end of the deal. Dele has to play better than 40m otherwise Everton lose out. Is he a 40m rated player? Not at the moment, he was before. If he plays like a 10m player both sides lost out.

Daniel Levy actually is a smart operator. And Farhad has only shown how to blow a 500m hole in his wallet.
I think he can still do it given the right environment…Since Poch left he’s not exactly had progressive managers who want to play on the front foot. That’s what stood out to me in his interview as it seems Frank sold him on that idea. Sometimes you just need a change of scenery to rediscover your best. Hopefully Dele experiences that with us.

Personally I think both players, him and vdB, are gambles. Neither have proven themselves in the Premiership over the last year or so. However both can play and just might come here and preform well. If Everton play in the way that Lampard has talked about and these two can be accommodated then happy days, however as with everything Everton, the jury is still out.

Personally also feel they needed to free wages up so Alli was going to go in window regardless.

I think he can still do it given the right environment…Since Poch left he’s not exactly had progressive managers who want to play on the front foot. That’s what stood out to me in his interview as it seems Frank sold him on that idea. Sometimes you just need a change of scenery to rediscover your best. Hopefully Dele experiences that with us.
my concern is that he wont neccessarily need to be playing like a 40m player to get 40 games with us, given our lack of options.

So he could be 'average' and get a run, quite easily.

although I assume they'll start to play below average players if he's not excellent.

Hes gonna be great for us, he's exactly what we need. Our two forwards simply don't fit in well with each other in a wing based system as neither are second strikers which is exactly what this lady is. On top of it he's elite enough athletically gifted enough to defend in midfield which is important for modern day second strikers.

Status
Not open for further replies.